Jeep Wrangler OEM Rubicon Edition Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect

syant

This "Smartbar" or electronic sway bar is off of a 2013 Rubicon I bought last summer. It was removed after the vehicle was purchased to be replaced with a manual version. I keep the electronic sway bar in case I changed my mind and decided to later put it back on. A year later it has done nothing but sit in the garage so I've decided to sell it.

It is new and only used during my test drive at the dealership during the original purchase of the vehicle when it functioned well. All components are included except for the wiring harness that plugs into the smart bar and runs back to the dash.

Asking $900 for bar. New ones run over $1600. Seemed like a reasonable price.

Located north of Columbus, Ohio. Prefer local pick-up but can meet up at a mid-way location also. Prefer cash, but would be willing to look into using Paypal and shipping within US.

Email me with inquiries at vanzan62@yahoo.com

Attachments

• sb1.jpg
    sb1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 595
  • sb2.jpg
    sb2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 594
  • sb3.jpg
    sb3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 595
  • sb4.jpg
    sb4.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 593
  • sb5.jpg
    sb5.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 596
  • sb6.jpg
    sb6.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 597
  • sb7.jpg
    sb7.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 599
  • sb8.jpg
    sb8.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 600

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Welcome to wayalife. If your sole purpose for being here is to sell your overpriced sway bar your stay here will be short lived.

JAGS

Hooked
Welcome to wayalife. If your sole purpose for being here is to sell your overpriced sway bar your stay here will be short lived.

But it's so shiny and clean. :idontknow: ;)

To the OP, I won't speak for everyone, but MOST of us here don't/won't buy from strangers. GLWS.

syant

Thanks for the warm welcome

Although I haven't made any posts prior to this date in the Wayalife site, I have greatly enjoyed reading and learning from others posts. I have most appreciated the videos of the yearly trips on Youtube. It was most helpful for my son and I before we made our first Moab trip.

I've never sold any Jeep parts via a forum, but thought I'd give it a try with this item to find a person that needs/wants an electronic sway bar. I prefer manual disconnects as 100% reliable, but know some folks like the electronic versions.

Apologies if I have inappropriately used this forum.

syant

What would be a fair price?

Not trying to overprice anyone. Have to admit the price I put up was a bit of a stab in the dark. I thought 56% of retail would be a good place to start. What would you suggest is a fair price?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Not trying to overprice anyone. Have to admit the price I put up was a bit of a stab in the dark. I thought 56% of retail would be a good place to start. What would you suggest is a fair price?

Average used price I've seen is typically $400-$500. It's worth a little more since you have the actuator. However the actuator is useless to a Sport/Sahara owner without the wiring harness. As noroad said, keep it until it acts up. When it does, get the EVO No Limits

syant

Went with TerraFlex disconnects

I did check into EVOs, but went to a Jeep show in our area with my pops and he won a set of TerraFlex disconnects for best of show. Funny thing is him won it with frame up historic restoration of 53' CJ3B. He had to be talked into entering it in the first place. We just went to check out the event for fun. I guess the old iron still has some folks interested. He had no need for the TerraFlex set so gave them to me otherwise I might be running the EVOs. Like the design and they look solid.

Attachments

• cj3b.jpg
    cj3b.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 564

noroad

I did check into EVOs, but went to a Jeep show in our area with my pops and he won a set of TerraFlex disconnects for best of show. Funny thing is him won it with frame up historic restoration of 53' CJ3B. He had to be talked into entering it in the first place. We just went to check out the event for fun. I guess the old iron still has some folks interested. He had no need for the TerraFlex set so gave them to me otherwise I might be running the EVOs. Like the design and they look solid.

So let me get this right!! you took off you rubi sway bar for a terraflex product lol NVM your all good! forget what i said lol! :doh:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I would keep it and put it back on. When it stops working, buy the EVO no limits manual disconnect for it. I currently run this set up and it's way easier to deal with than the TF quick disconnects I ran for a few years.

Jackal01

You have "enjoyed reading and learning from others" on here but not once did you learn that joining just to sell your crap is not welcomed or tolerated and is in fact a violation of the rules that you agreed to upon registration?

Top Bottom