Tire pressure help

shadow21

I own a 2014 JKU it has a 3.5inch Rubicon Express lift and I run 35x12.50's. The jeep rides like crap point blank and I believe it's the tire pressure I'm currently running 35psi. Anyone with input as to what they run or what I should run would be a great help.

I know it's a jeep and it's not a typical svu but this JKU rides worse than my Jeepster. I don't want a plush ride but I don't want a jaw rattling, teeth shattering ride like I got now either.

Last edited:

Armydog

I dropped mine to 22 psi and the ride is much better, lower a little at a time and try it out - willing to bet it will help somewhat.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

David1tontj

It will change with every different tire and different vehicles, so I would just put some chalk on the tire and drive about 100 yards. If it wore off on the center then you have too much air, and if it wore off on the edges then you have too little.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Armydog

It will change with every different tire and different vehicles, so I would just put some chalk on the tire and drive about 100 yards. If it wore off on the center then you have too much air, and if it wore off on the edges then you have too little.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

What he just said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

2013CGJKU

Didn't know this trick. This is happening this weekend.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

2013CGJKU

It's at least a good starting point.

For sure, and it makes tons of sense. One of those things that when you hear it, you go... wow, why didn't I think about that one years ago!?

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

shadow21

Doing this tomorrow! Thank you!

RickyI

Doing this tomorrow! Thank you!
Shadow21,
I feel your pain! I just had 35" Nitto's put on my baby too and the tire shop put 48 lbs of air in them......" Casper", my jeep, drove like a tank with broken tracks......I have been letting air out for a few days now, 5' lbs at a time,,,, its now starting to ride much better at 28'-30' lbs..... I ask the tech why 48 lbs and he told me that the tire said 80 lbs, so he just cut the volume in half.......:)
I'm sure you will find that lucky number for air pressure!

Ricky

t8er

I run 32 lbs roughly in my Nittos. They started at 38 and it rode like crap

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom