ARB Fridge

DManuel

We have the 50. Doesn't fit under the Tuffy security deck in back. Fits on top but doesn't open too much because of roll cage. Things to think about. We put it in the backseat. It holds a ton of food and drinks. We love it. The smaller is not as tall and may open better. Do you have the Tuffy? I can't remember. If you don't, then definitely go with the bigger. It doesn't really cost much more if I remember correctly.

Serg5000

My girl and I decided to go with the 50qt. It holds lots of food and drinks.
We set our on the back seat when it's folded down. That way we still have the entire back for our camp and out door stuff.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
My girl and I decided to go with the 50qt. It holds lots of food and drinks.
We set our on the back seat when it's folded down. That way we still have the entire back for our camp and out door stuff.

We also have the 50 quart and love it!! Really quiet and takes more than a day to shut off draining the battery.:thumb:

Hightower

We have the 50. Doesn't fit under the Tuffy security deck in back. Fits on top but doesn't open too much because of roll cage. Things to think about. We put it in the backseat. It holds a ton of food and drinks. We love it. The smaller is not as tall and may open better. Do you have the Tuffy? I can't remember. If you don't, then definitely go with the bigger. It doesn't really cost much more if I remember correctly.

Dave
I do not have the Tuffy security deck but it is on the list so for now the back will work fine especially with the whole crew in old red. Please say hi to Laura.
Thanks

Get with the 50qt...ours just did 19 days all on one Die Hard battery while keeping the temp to 27 degrees and never shutting off due to voltage drop while traversing across the country on a 6,500 mile trip. :yup:

The little trip you guys did looked like a lot of fun. :brows::brows:

I am going with the 50QT thanks everyone..:thumb::thumb:
Chris

Last edited:

GCM 2

Dave
I do not have the Tuffy security deck but it is on the list so for now the back will work fine especially with the whole crew in old red. Please say hi to Laura.
Thanks

The little trip you guys did looked like a lot of fun. :brows::brows:

I am going with the 50QT thanks everyone..:thumb::thumb:
Chris

Thats what I'm talking about! Go for the supersize, better to have and not need. But than again, aren't your summers up in Alberta still below freezing. What the hell do you need a fridge for, or do you plan on more wheeling down here in "gods country"? That's right you may have "engine swap, DMV gods country" up there, but we live where the immortals have created wheeling heaven. Hope to wheel with you again soon my friend!

Hightower

Thats what I'm talking about! Go for the supersize, better to have and not need. But than again, aren't your summers up in Alberta still below freezing. What the hell do you need a fridge for, or do you plan on more wheeling down here in "gods country"? That's right you may have "engine swap, DMV gods country" up there, but we live where the immortals have created wheeling heaven. Hope to wheel with you again soon my friend!

Greg I need it to keep things from freezing, I use the backyard to keep things frozen! :cheesy::cheesy:. I am heading down next month hoping to stop in Moab for a day or 2 with friends than on to LA for a little EVO armor, off road show and holidaying with the family( Vegas baby Vegas):brows::brows:
Same brother I am hoping to make it to Phoenix in the spring after EJS maybe we can hook up?:beer::beer::beer:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Greg I need it to keep things from freezing, I use the backyard to keep things frozen! :cheesy::cheesy:. I am heading down next month hoping to stop in Moab for a day or 2 with friends than on to LA for a little EVO armor, off road show and holidaying with the family( Vegas baby Vegas):brows::brows:
Same brother I am hoping to make it to Phoenix in the spring after EJS maybe we can hook up?:beer::beer::beer:

When you going to be in Vegas?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
clarsen said:
Greg I need it to keep things from freezing, I use the backyard to keep things frozen! :cheesy::cheesy:.

So for clarsen, it's an ARB microwave. :cheesy:

Jeepin it

In aus most guys use waeco not sure if you have them may have to ship them in but they are better again then the arb.

Indefatigable

In aus most guys use waeco not sure if you have them may have to ship them in but they are better again then the arb.

Waeco is who makes the current ARB, no? Engle made the previous generation. Both have far less plastic and more steel than the ARB editions.

Both are readily available north of the border. Usually from marine or RV places. Though we tend to get over charged for them here. Picking one up in the US tends to be better $$

FWIW, I run a Edgestar. Older design, but its held up in the back of my LJ for a while now. No issues and the price is about half that of the Waeco or Engle.

Jeepin it

Indefatigable said:
Waeco is who makes the current ARB, no? Engle made the previous generation. Both have far less plastic and more steel than the ARB editions.

Both are readily available north of the border. Usually from marine or RV places. Though we tend to get over charged for them here. Picking one up in the US tends to be better $$

FWIW, I run a Edgestar. Older design, but its held up in the back of my LJ for a while now. No issues and the price is about half that of the Waeco or Engle.

Not to sure if waeco make arb they are all great, just seems in reviews the waeco comes out on top but they are all a top fridge.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to order a ARB fridge should I go with the 37QT or 50QT?

sorry, late to the discussion but, we have both and if you could only have one, i might go with the later. more room is more room. the 37 makes it a lot easier to put on a tuffy deck and still be usable but, if you can sacrifice the rear driver seat, folding it down and putting the fridge there is the way to go.

Heholua

Would anyone think that an 80QT Waeco might be too big? I only ask because I found one for $835. Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
IMO it's to big, I barely have room for the 50

Yeah, I'd have to agree. We have the smallest one and the 50 and prefer to take the smaller one whenever we can. I can't imagine hauling around the biggest one they have.

Serg5000

When we bought our 50 qt there was four of us going out on the trail. Now it's just my girl and I and its is a bit big. We just fill it with more fluids.
However I imagine the smaller one would be best for our needs.

Top Bottom