Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to 60's, what's it gonna cost me?

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RDE2ROK View Post
    I can tell you what the front cost! Pro Rock, 8 lug, big brake kit, ARBs,5:38s and all the upgrades, with the exception of upgraded shafts ( I simply ran out of money) delivered to AZ. Just under 9k! Shafts can always be upgraded down the road. 8 lug FF rear coming up next! I'm so stoked I can't even sleep at night!
    Nice brother, so jealous. Post some pics of the setup.
    "all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    Full float is the way to go if you are going with a Dana 60 and yes the 8 bolt option is really the preferred. Because there is so much more clamping force being distributed on the surface area of the wheel face to the wheel mounting surface of the axle end with an 8 lug, there is much less chance of twisting or breaking wheel studs. I run 5 on 5.5 full floats, the 8 lug was not an option a few years ago from Dynatrac. I don't run a V8 yet, so I don't sweat twisting the wheels studs, although it can happen over time. I prevent that by doing regular lug tightening after each trail run and always use a torque wrench to keep from inducing the twist manually from over tightening, but you should be doing that no matter what wheel/tire/axle combo you have
    Thanks GCM! Appreciate the advice. Hopefully I'll get there one day. Btw, just watched the teaser video and WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2
    ...I don't run a V8 yet...
    That caught my eyes. You planning on a swap in the near future?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey

That caught my eyes. You planning on a swap in the near future?
    A V8 is in my future, just cant say when. Switching axle outers, well as much as I would like to have 8 lug, it's just not going to happen soon . I will be willing to pay for the axle parts swap out, about $2k, if ATX decides to "gift" me new 8 lug wheels. Other than that, it's too costly to make any real difference for me to justify.
    Last edited by GCM 2; 09-21-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Here is the list of what I ordered through EVO Shop and had installed last month.

Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 - Front - 5.38 Gears/ARB/1350
    Yokes/RCV Chromolly Inners and Outers/Dynoloc Hub/
    Stub Hub Kit/ProSteer Ball Joints - 8 Lug
    Dynatrac Pro Rock Full Floater 60 - Rear- 5.38
    Gears/ARB/1350 Yoke - 8 Lug
    1 EVO High Steer D60 EVO JK High Steer Kit D60
    EVO-1086 EVO Hi-Steer/ Ram Mount Dana 60

I am sure Jake at EVO could give you a quote in no time for. I had gone with 512 when I beefed up my 44's a few years ago at EVO but after driving around with the new 538 gearing on the 60’s I wish I had made that choice originally. I attached a couple of pictures of them installed for you good luck happy trails.

image-1251641640.jpgimage-2676096363.jpgimage-3875528288.jpgimage-379934335.jpg
    2010 Red Rubicon
    EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilovers
    EVO Lever Rear Coilovers
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's Full floater
    ARB Lockers
    RCV Chromolly inner/outers & Front Shaft
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    ATX Slabs
    Goodyear 40" MTR/Kevlars

A V8 is in my future, just cant say when. Switching axle outers, well as much as I would like to have 8 lug, it's just not going to happen soon . I will be willing to pay for the axle parts swap out, about $2k, if ATX decides to "gift" me new 8 lug wheels. Other than that, it's too costly to make any real difference for me to justify.
    Greg I am sure I have asked you before but would you ever consider going with a LS over the Hemi?
    Chris
    2010 Red Rubicon
    EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilovers
    EVO Lever Rear Coilovers
    ARB Lockers
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    ATX Slabs
    Goodyear 40" MTR/Kevlars

Quote Originally Posted by clarsen

Greg I am sure I have asked you before but would you ever consider going with a LS over the Hemi?
    Chris
    Well Chris, I have always been an LS guy from my Corvette days. More specifically LS3, LS6 or LS7. I am beginning to look at the implications of the cross breeding of the jeep/GM and the emissions here in AZ.
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Knows a Thing or Two ProfessionalDriver's Avatar
    Well Chris, I have always been an LS guy from my Corvette days. More specifically LS3, LS6 or LS7. I am beginning to look at the implications of the cross breeding of the jeep/GM and the emissions here in AZ.
    I like where your head is at...

Being that I'm in California, I believe the only way for me to get a LS V8 is to apply for special vehicle registration (High $$$ and very limited issue). From what I understand, Hemi conversions are a little easier because they are manufacturered by the same manufacturer as the Jeep. Don't know if those are facts... Just what I've heard.

I'm still a long-LONG ways away from a V8 conversion, but after riding in Nemesis' Dixie Jeep at The 2012 KOH, it is definitely on the wish list...

Maybe one of the only benefits of living north of the 49th at least in God's Country (Alberta) is that we are still free to install whatever we can fit under the hood without having asking permission from Patty and Selma at the DMV. Lol good luck with search brother.
    2010 Red Rubicon
    EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilovers
    EVO Lever Rear Coilovers
    ARB Lockers
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    ATX Slabs
    Goodyear 40" MTR/Kevlars

Nothing but a Thing nmwranglerx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clarsen View Post
    Here is the list of what I ordered through EVO Shop and had installed last month.

Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 - Front - 5.38 Gears/ARB/1350
    Yokes/RCV Chromolly Inners and Outers/Dynoloc Hub/
    Stub Hub Kit/ProSteer Ball Joints - 8 Lug
    Dynatrac Pro Rock Full Floater 60 - Rear- 5.38
    Gears/ARB/1350 Yoke - 8 Lug
    1 EVO High Steer D60 EVO JK High Steer Kit D60
    EVO-1086 EVO Hi-Steer/ Ram Mount Dana 60

I am sure Jake at EVO could give you a quote in no time for. I had gone with 512 when I beefed up my 44's a few years ago at EVO but after driving around with the new 538 gearing on the 60’s I wish I had made that choice originally. I attached a couple of pictures of them installed for you good luck happy trails.

VERY Nice setup Thanks for the input. Were you running 5.13 with the 40's or 37's?
    "all roads lead somewhere" -anonymous

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast