Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to 60's, what's it gonna cost me?

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by clarsen View Post
    Here is the list of what I ordered through EVO Shop and had installed last month.

Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 - Front - 5.38 Gears/ARB/1350
    Yokes/RCV Chromolly Inners and Outers/Dynoloc Hub/
    Stub Hub Kit/ProSteer Ball Joints - 8 Lug
    Dynatrac Pro Rock Full Floater 60 - Rear- 5.38
    Gears/ARB/1350 Yoke - 8 Lug
    1 EVO High Steer D60 EVO JK High Steer Kit D60
    EVO-1086 EVO Hi-Steer/ Ram Mount Dana 60

I am sure Jake at EVO could give you a quote in no time for. I had gone with 512 when I beefed up my 44's a few years ago at EVO but after driving around with the new 538 gearing on the 60’s I wish I had made that choice originally. I attached a couple of pictures of them installed for you good luck happy trails.

Attachment 5293Attachment 5294Attachment 5295Attachment 5296
    Out of curiosity, how much did all that run you, with install? Trying to figure out how much/long to save.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes Offroad

So you convinced the other half that a rear 60 is needed. Good for you Frank, it was great wheeling with you guys. We will have to meet up again one day to do it all over again.
    Frank is putting in applications for his night job at McDonalds next weekend to save up for it ;-)

I recently got a quote on Dynatrac 60s, 5:13, with ARBs,competition shafts, full float rear, high pinion, and all the works for 17K. Kids college accounts are so over rated. Wouldn't they rather have Jeep trips with bullet proof axles instead. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mackey
    Kids college accounts are so over rated. Wouldn't they rather have Jeep trips with bullet proof axles instead. Lol
    Seriously, isn't a 529 account really about gear ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by nmwranglerx

VERY Nice setup Thanks for the input. Were you running 5.13 with the 40's or 37's?
    I ran both 37 & 40 with the 512 gearing
    2010 Red Rubicon
    EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilovers
    EVO Lever Rear Coilovers
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's Full floater
    ARB Lockers
    RCV Chromolly inner/outers & Front Shaft
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slabs
    Goodyear 40" MTR/Kevlars

Hooked
    Not to thread jack:

Have you looked into a set of junkyard axles? I mean the talk of buyin new is nice but the ability to pick up a set of 60's from a 94+ Dodge Ram 1-ton (whether it is CAD or not) just seems like it could be cheaper. Plus you can do the locker, gears, shafts, and/or brake conversions down the road, instead of forking out thousands of dollars up front.

I know there is more work to get all the sensors to read correctly but it still seems like it would be cheaper, or am i missing something? I can get a set of 60's from the local pick-n-pull for about $250 an axle. Thats really my main 'drive" we call it.
    '16 JKU - very mild build.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Creeper View Post
    Not to thread jack:

Have you looked into a set of junkyard axles? I mean the talk of buyin new is nice but the ability to pick up a set of 60's from a 94+ Dodge Ram 1-ton (whether it is CAD or not) just seems like it could be cheaper. Plus you can do the locker, gears, shafts, and/or brake conversions down the road, instead of forking out thousands of dollars up front.

I know there is more work to get all the sensors to read correctly but it still seems like it would be cheaper, or am i missing something? I can get a set of 60's from the local pick-n-pull for about $250 an axle. Thats really my main 'drive" we call it.
    There are a few guys here that have done that. But in all reality, after they go with the locker of choice,gearing modification of installation and still not have the beefed up tubes,E-brake and proper sensor hookups, you just aren't saving a lot. I personally will pay the extra for having my axles done right the first time and ready to play without worry. Just my
    IT'S JUST AN "X"

Quote Originally Posted by RDE2ROK

There are a few guys here that have done that. But in all reality, after they go with the locker of choice,gearing modification of installation and still not have the beefed up tubes,E-brake and proper sensor hookups, you just aren't saving a lot. I personally will pay the extra for having my axles done right the first time and ready to play without worry. Just my
    You are correct my man! You can save some money with the junkyard axles, but you have to do a lot more modifications to get the clearance and strength of a ProRock 60. The photo below is a cut away of a (top to bottom) PR44, PR80, and PR60. Junkyard 60's don't have axle tubes that thick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2

You are correct my man! You can save some money with the junkyard axles, but you have to do a lot more modifications to get the clearance and strength of a ProRock 60. The photo below is a cut away of a (top to bottom) PR44, PR80, and PR60. Junkyard 60's don't have axle tubes that thick.
    Son of a gun. I like em thick

Quote Originally Posted by 10frank9

Son of a gun. I like em thick
    That's what she said.
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts