Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Upgrade to 60's, what's it gonna cost me?

  1. #21
    Been Around the Block
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by clarsen View Post
    Here is the list of what I ordered through EVO Shop and had installed last month.

    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 - Front - 5.38 Gears/ARB/1350
    Yokes/RCV Chromolly Inners and Outers/Dynoloc Hub/
    Stub Hub Kit/ProSteer Ball Joints - 8 Lug
    Dynatrac Pro Rock Full Floater 60 - Rear- 5.38
    Gears/ARB/1350 Yoke - 8 Lug
    1 EVO High Steer D60 EVO JK High Steer Kit D60
    EVO-1086 EVO Hi-Steer/ Ram Mount Dana 60


    I am sure Jake at EVO could give you a quote in no time for. I had gone with 512 when I beefed up my 44's a few years ago at EVO but after driving around with the new 538 gearing on the 60’s I wish I had made that choice originally. I attached a couple of pictures of them installed for you good luck happy trails.

    Attachment 5293Attachment 5294Attachment 5295Attachment 5296
    Out of curiosity, how much did all that run you, with install? Trying to figure out how much/long to save.

  2. #22
    Hooked Blonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Marcos CA
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes Offroad

    So you convinced the other half that a rear 60 is needed. Good for you Frank, it was great wheeling with you guys. We will have to meet up again one day to do it all over again.
    Frank is putting in applications for his night job at McDonalds next weekend to save up for it ;-)

  3. #23
    Knows a Thing or Two mackey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North Idaho
    Posts
    656
    I recently got a quote on Dynatrac 60s, 5:13, with ARBs,competition shafts, full float rear, high pinion, and all the works for 17K. Kids college accounts are so over rated. Wouldn't they rather have Jeep trips with bullet proof axles instead. Lol

  4. #24
    Living the WAYALIFE MTG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Reno eNVy
    Posts
    13,638
    Quote Originally Posted by mackey
    Kids college accounts are so over rated. Wouldn't they rather have Jeep trips with bullet proof axles instead. Lol
    Seriously, isn't a 529 account really about gear ratio?

  5. #25
    Knows a Thing or Two Hightower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by nmwranglerx

    VERY Nice setup Thanks for the input. Were you running 5.13 with the 40's or 37's?
    I ran both 37 & 40 with the 512 gearing
    2010 Red Rubicon
    EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilovers
    EVO Lever Rear Coilovers
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's Full floater
    ARB Lockers
    RCV Chromolly inner/outers & Front Shaft
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slabs
    Goodyear 40" MTR/Kevlars

  6. #26
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    161
    Not to thread jack:

    Have you looked into a set of junkyard axles? I mean the talk of buyin new is nice but the ability to pick up a set of 60's from a 94+ Dodge Ram 1-ton (whether it is CAD or not) just seems like it could be cheaper. Plus you can do the locker, gears, shafts, and/or brake conversions down the road, instead of forking out thousands of dollars up front.

    I know there is more work to get all the sensors to read correctly but it still seems like it would be cheaper, or am i missing something? I can get a set of 60's from the local pick-n-pull for about $250 an axle. Thats really my main 'drive" we call it.
    '16 JKU - very mild build.

  7. #27
    Knows a Thing or Two RDE2ROK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wittmann AZ.
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Creeper View Post
    Not to thread jack:

    Have you looked into a set of junkyard axles? I mean the talk of buyin new is nice but the ability to pick up a set of 60's from a 94+ Dodge Ram 1-ton (whether it is CAD or not) just seems like it could be cheaper. Plus you can do the locker, gears, shafts, and/or brake conversions down the road, instead of forking out thousands of dollars up front.

    I know there is more work to get all the sensors to read correctly but it still seems like it would be cheaper, or am i missing something? I can get a set of 60's from the local pick-n-pull for about $250 an axle. Thats really my main 'drive" we call it.
    There are a few guys here that have done that. But in all reality, after they go with the locker of choice,gearing modification of installation and still not have the beefed up tubes,E-brake and proper sensor hookups, you just aren't saving a lot. I personally will pay the extra for having my axles done right the first time and ready to play without worry. Just my
    IT'S JUST AN "X"

  8. #28
    Old Timer GCM 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    3,917
    Quote Originally Posted by RDE2ROK

    There are a few guys here that have done that. But in all reality, after they go with the locker of choice,gearing modification of installation and still not have the beefed up tubes,E-brake and proper sensor hookups, you just aren't saving a lot. I personally will pay the extra for having my axles done right the first time and ready to play without worry. Just my
    You are correct my man! You can save some money with the junkyard axles, but you have to do a lot more modifications to get the clearance and strength of a ProRock 60. The photo below is a cut away of a (top to bottom) PR44, PR80, and PR60. Junkyard 60's don't have axle tubes that thick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

  9. #29
    Web Wheeler 10frank9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    13,210
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2

    You are correct my man! You can save some money with the junkyard axles, but you have to do a lot more modifications to get the clearance and strength of a ProRock 60. The photo below is a cut away of a (top to bottom) PR44, PR80, and PR60. Junkyard 60's don't have axle tubes that thick.
    Son of a gun. I like em thick

  10. #30
    Nothing but a Thing highoctane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by 10frank9

    Son of a gun. I like em thick
    That's what she said.
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers


    Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi




Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS