EVO Plush Ride Coils

Hello fellow Jeepers!

Im looking for some input.

Ultimately, Im looking to solve the JK gangsta lean, hopefully without using spacers.

I have a 2012 JK Rubi 2 door auto.

I run some of EVOs fine quality products on my JK. (manual sway bar disconnect, drag link flip kit, front bumper D ring mounts, skid plate system)

Im currently running RE 3.5" coils and bilsteins. (actually 2.5 for 4 door, 3.5 for 2 door)

Due to the notorious JK lean, Ive had to add .5" of additional spacing on the passenger side on the front and 1 inch of additional spacing on the passenger rear, to level out the rig side to side.

I like somewhat of a back to front rake, so the rear spacer setup to give me this plus the right to left lean correction is 1 inch drivers rear, 2 inches passenger rear.

Real lift inclusive of spacers is 4" .

I had Teraflex coils in before. I still had to use the same spacer setup to level side to side and to maintain the front to back rake that I wanted. I switched to RE thinking I could do away with the spacers, but that didnt work out.

I see that the EVO coils are progressive.

1. How much actual lift would I get in a 2 door if I went with their 3 inch coils? (I know that lift is understated on almost all cases.)

2. Would my ride be level front to back? (in other words, does this fix the front to back rake or would I need to compensate with spacers as I do now?)

3. Would I still have to use spacers on the passenger side to compensate for the JK gangsta lean?

4. If I switch to EVO plush ride coils and King shocks, would my ride be noticeably smoother?

5. What King shocks are best? Looks like they have ones with compression adjusters. What advantage do those give?

Thanks a bunch for your thoughts.

Last edited:
Aren't evo coils linear ?

Anyways, I had the same question with height in my 2 door. I posted on JKF and was told +1" on a light weight 2 door.

The lean should not change coil to coil.
I had the 1/2 difference with my TF Coils. My old RK coils and the same with the new RK coils.
I've helped install AEV coils, RC coils. All JK's had a lean.
Are you measuring without driver weight ?

Ride is largely subjective but I see no reason why that setup should ride awesome. Soft rated coils and adjustable king shocks-If you can afford them. The Rancho's are a great option too FYI

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hello fellow Jeepers!

Im looking for some input.

Ultimately, Im looking to solve the JK gangsta lean, hopefully without using spacers.

I have a 2012 JK Rubi 2 door auto.

I run some of EVOs fine quality products on my JK. (manual sway bar disconnect, drag link flip kit, front bumper D ring mounts, skid plate system)

Im currently running RE 3.5" coils and bilsteins. (actually 2.5 for 4 door, 3.5 for 2 door)

Due to the notorious JK lean, Ive had to add .5" of additional spacing on the passenger side on the front and 1 inch of additional spacing on the passenger rear, to level out the rig side to side.

I like somewhat of a back to front rake, so the rear spacer setup to give me this plus the right to left lean correction is 1 inch drivers rear, 2 inches passenger rear.

Real lift inclusive of spacers is 4" .

I had Teraflex coils in before. I still had to use the same spacer setup to level side to side and to maintain the front to back rake that I wanted. I switched to RE thinking I could do away with the spacers, but that didnt work out.

I see that the EVO coils are progressive.

1. How much actual lift would I get in a 2 door if I went with their 3 inch coils? (I know that lift is understated on almost all cases.)

2. Would my ride be level front to back? (in other words, does this fix the front to back rake or would I need to compensate with spacers as I do now?)

3. Would I still have to use spacers on the passenger side to compensate for the JK gangsta lean?

4. If I switch to EVO plush ride coils and King shocks, would my ride be noticeably smoother?

5. What King shocks are best? Looks like they have ones with compression adjusters. What advantage do those give?

Thanks a bunch for your thoughts.

With the plush rides you will see about 3.5" of lift out of the 3" coils on a 2 door (see hinrich's jeep for an example) also you will be level with these so the spacers out back will be needed if you want to forward rake.

The passenger side lean will be there regardless. It really isn't noticeable honestly so I guess you can say you will still new the spacers to level it out.

Yes kings are the best an yes your ride will be amazing smooth.

The kings you will want are the specially tuned ones from ORE not normal kings off the shelf. The ones from ore are tuned just for the jk so they will ride amazingly for you.

Thanks all for your input.

Ive been reading about the EVO bolt on coilovers....and I may just end up going that route.

Can I run that setup with short arms for now? I have adj Teraflex arms. (I know, Im not a Teraflex fanboy...Ive had 2 joints blow out, so Im going to dump these at some point.) Plan to go with the EVO LAs when I can afford to.

Thanks again for your input!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Thanks all for your input.

Ive been reading about the EVO bolt on coilovers....and I may just end up going that route.

Can I run that setup with short arms for now? I have adj Teraflex arms. (I know, Im not a Teraflex fanboy...Ive had 2 joints blow out, so Im going to dump these at some point.) Plan to go with the EVO LAs when I can afford to.

Thanks again for your input!

Yeah, short arms are fine. And you can set up how ever much rake you prefer and fix your lean.

Flyer

I am running the adjustable Ranchos (9000 XL) and while I don't like them sometimes on medium pace rough stuff, the overall ride is very good and I run them on softer setting (2-5). The Bilstein 500s have a better valving for the rougher stuff and are smooth. I'd love to try the Kings but I think with 35s and Ranchos, my overall ride is as good as it will get. I'll spring for a spendier setup when going with bigger tires and a long-arm kit.

The EVO Plus Ride coils are linear. They are pretty soft but not mushy. I used those on my 2-door (I have a JKU now) and also used RK and Synergy coils. I used several shocks too. The 2-door's ride is harder to dial in well so I used several combos just to see what worked well. I think the Ranchos or ELKAs would work the best with the EVO coils. They are both valved pretty softly.

Top Bottom