LoD/EVO slider question??

bkac

Caught the Bug
I know this is a crazy/different question but I was wondering if LoD or EVO will build custom sliders? For now I need a slider with a step or extra lower bar for the kids and wife to use. I was hoping they could do something before they were powercoated. I think both companys are built to order. This way I can cut the step/lower bar off when the kiddos get a little taller. Anyone know of anything else that might work? Thanks in advance!

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would suggest calling Off Road Evolution on Monday morning.

I would have to agree on calling EVO on Monday. You might be able to run down to the shop he have them make something custom for you. If not you can at least get the EVO sliders with the custom angle and then bring it to a local guy to add onto it like you want

StrizzyChris

LoD comes standard with a step built in, and EVO can make it with a slight angle so that you can use the top tube like a step.

If you are really going to use the slider for its intended use, I would suggest a custom temporary step attachment. That way when you wheel you won't have that step getting hung up.

If you are not looking for a heavy duty slider and mostly only for function with the family, then Smittybuilt and a few other companies make a low hanging step slider that would be perfect for your needs. Again, I'd never use these for heavy wheeling though!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ridg3runn3r has a slip on step for his wife that looks like it would fit the bill. Hopefully he will post up.

Here's a better pic. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407639564.965107.jpg I got it from 4WP but I don't remember who makes them, you can always do a google search I suppose.

Meade93

There's a guy around here that just has grab handles on his evo sliders for steps. They seem to work for him. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407639918.195224.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

There's a guy around here that just has grab handles on his evo sliders for steps. They seem to work for him. View attachment 94905

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I thought of going that route but then I considered what would happen if I hooked something with it. Now, don't say it can't happen, just look at the guy that had a tree branch come thru the floor and stop just short of a sex change. I don't have a pic handy but it's floating around on the forum somewhere.

Last edited:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
LoD comes standard with a step built in, and EVO can make it with a slight angle so that you can use the top tube like a step.

If you are really going to use the slider for its intended use, I would suggest a custom temporary step attachment. That way when you wheel you won't have that step getting hung up.

If you are not looking for a heavy duty slider and mostly only for function with the family, then Smittybuilt and a few other companies make a low hanging step slider that would be perfect for your needs. Again, I'd never use these for heavy wheeling though!

Maybe he should talk to mike.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I thought of going that route but then I considered what would happen if I hooked something with it. Now, don't say it can't happen, just look at the guy that had a tree branch come thru the floor and stop just short of a sex change. I don't have a pic handy but it's floating around on the forum somewhere.

Always expect the unexpected :D

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

DA RUNT

Here you go

Attachments

• tree through Jeep floorboard bottom.jpg
    tree through Jeep floorboard bottom.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 181

utiadam

LOSER
I keep one of these in my Jeep all the time. Makes it a lot easier for some older members of my family to crawl up ino the Jeep. Half way ashamed to say that I had to use it one time myself when I was parked off camber and just couldn't quie crawl my fat a$$ up into the Jeep.

My mom keeps one almost identical to that in my jeep and I'm still at stock height. She has a rope attached to the middle of it and loops it through the door latch. After she gets in she pulls up the step.

Top Bottom