Evo slider finish

gleno99

I just received my evo sliders. I'm trying to decide whether to have them powder coated or use Rustoleum bed liner coating. Any suggestions are appreciated.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Powder coating is pricy to just have it beat to Hell. Used satin finish on mine. And I've used the rustolium bed liner on my corners. Easier to touch up also.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Powder coating is pricy to just have it beat to Hell. Used satin finish on mine. And I've used the rustolium bed liner on my corners. Easier to touch up also.

Bedliner spray or herculiner, if you thin it you can spray it through a paint gun. I've even added white to make a dark grey. Cheap and easy. Holds up well too.

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

utiadam

LOSER
Rustoleum bed liner but use primer first. I used 2 cans of Rustoleum primer and 4 cans of the bedliner.

Just dropped off by UPS
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407649351.420285.jpg
Primed
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407649387.999522.jpg
Bed lined
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407649413.649625.jpg
Positioning
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407649439.444991.jpg
Welding
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407649463.511570.jpg
Done
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407649480.028585.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407649492.284005.jpg

utiadam

LOSER
looks really good man!
Thanks!

Rustoleum bed liner but use primer first. I used 2 cans of Rustoleum primer and 4 cans of the bedliner.

Just dropped off by UPS
View attachment 94947

Are you still waiting for your other 3 tires before mounting them up?

Lol not quite. This is at my work and that's a tire I had to save for our tire warranty company. I do have Evo front bolt on coilovers that have been waiting around at the house since March. If I could only stay away from the northridge site I could actually save money.

Tachyon

How has the bedliner held up? I painted my bumpers with Rustoleum bedliner and was a bit surprised that I can scratch it off pretty easily with my fingers. I was hoping it would dry harder.

StrizzyChris

I'm curious about your usage Tachyon.
Really it's all in the prep work. Sand them down thoroughly, wipe with dry rag, use mineral spirits and clean rage, one more time with clean dry rag after mineral spirits, 2 thin coats self etching primer, then multiple thin coats of a good quality paint or bed liner and it'll come out just as good or better than paying the pros to do it!

Tachyon

That's what I did. I sanded weld spatter, wiped with paint prep, primed (which is holding on well, the used the bedliner. The bedliner is more of a rubber coating than a paint coating. It peels easily, and the primer has rusted through in patchy areas. Of course I live in the rust belt...which doesn't help.

My front bumper was primed and painted flat black instead of bedliner - not a spec of rust or chipping (aside from my shacklesp tabs, which are bare from use).

I'll have to snap some pics for you.

StrizzyChris

My guess is that the paint is either garbage brand, or a bad batch. The fact that the regular paint is holding up well in the same condition emphasizes that. That sucks, I'd be ticked if I spent a ton of time in prep and it was all for nothing.

Top Bottom