TEASER VIDEO : The WAYALIFE California or Bust Epic Jeep Adventure

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
2 weeks, 9 states, over 4,000 miles and an adventure of a lifetime! In a nutshell, that was the WAYALIFE California or Bust epic trek across the historic California Emigrant Trail. This short 3 minute teaser video is made from the thousands of photos we took along the way and in it, you'll get a glimpse of all the things we saw and all the fun we had. We hope that you'll enjoy the presentation.

To see information and trip pics from our trip, click on the link below:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...pic-Trek-Across-the-California-Emigrant-Trail

A BIG THANKS needs to go out to Carl, his sister Toni, Et and his son Joe, Tony, Stephanie and their daughter Christina, Don and Lori, Ray and his son Kevin, Tom and Susan, Ken and Doug for joining us on this amazing trip!

Because I'm sure it'll come up, I need to say that our trek from Missouri to California ended in a "bust". Unfortunately, our good friend Ken was involved in an accident as we made our way through Nevada and that effectively brought our trip to an abrupt end. I would prefer not to speculate on what exactly happened and will only go so far as to say that he lost a passenger side rear wheel which resulted in a roll over on the interstate. While he was seriously injured, he is doing well now and as some of you may know, has already purchased a new Jeep (Ken, if you're reading this now, you're more than welcome to fill in more details). As soon as he makes a full recovery, it is our plan to revisit this trip and finish up the last leg with him and make a complete video documenting our adventures after that time. :yup:

JKFlyer

Great video and Ken...hope u make a full recovery soon!

Looks like you found those concrete arrows in person !

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Moochie

Thank you Eddie & Cindy for putting this adventure together! Hopefully it can be completed soon, when Ken is ready to wheel.

thardy

Banned
Great teaser! Such an awesome trip. Sorry to hear about the end though. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Sent from WAYALIFE mobile app

Roblaza

Wow, it's very unfortunate about the rollover. It's never fun when a fellow jeeper get hurt. I hope he had a speedy recovery and can back to wheeling soon.

ramin

A trip of a lifetime with good friends. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for putting all this together.
An adventure of a lifetime which I hope to get to continue and finish soon:yup::thumb:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Thank you to Eddie and Cindy for everything that you guys did to make this an adventure of a lifetime. I can’t wait for the full-length video because seeing these pics made me remember how much we did in such a short time! :clap2:

JeepFan

Hooked
Thank you Eddie and Cindy for putting together this awesome trip of a life time.

So many great memories!

We are so happy Ken will make a full recovery and be able to complete this epic adventure in the not so distant future.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Awesome! I'm still bummed I couldn't make this epic trip. I sincerely look forward to watching this video and loving vicariously through you all.

I really didn't know that Ken was involved in an accident. I pray he makes a full recovery. :yup: :thumb:

CZEBJKU

Prayers going out to Ken and his family for a full recovery! It is awesome that you all are going to finish the adventure together. Kudos :thumbup: Thank you Eddie and Cindy for sharing all that you do!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

GCM 2

Great trailer! I anxiously await the full length film.

A few things that came to mind while watching this.....
1) So you guys are overlanding??
2) 4000 miles, not possible without a snorkel or roof rack
3) 40" tires? Where do you get a replacement when one suddenly explode.

...and of course this was me just stirring the age old debate of the Overlanding definition ;)

Last edited:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Truly an adventure of a lifetime with great friends. Thank you Cindy and Eddie for planning and leading us through this journey and sharing the historical knowledge you accumulated with us. It's amazing what those trail blazers in the 1840s and 50 s were willing to do.

Ken, I'm happy you are on you're way to full recovery:yup: We will see you soon:thumb:

OJK12

You guys put together some of the best wheeling trips!! The videos you create are an amazing show of talent and skill. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was awesome brother

Glad you enjoyed it :cool:

Teaser indeed!! Cannot wait to see the video on this trip.

Hard to believe that we were able to get about 3 minutes of video from all our pics zipping by :crazyeyes:

Looks like you found those concrete arrows in person !

Yup, it's really kind of cool to see how the exact same route that emigrants used to cross the west was essentially the same one that the Transcontinental Railway used and then the Transcontinental Airway System used and then the Interstate used. :yup:

Thank you Eddie & Cindy for putting this adventure together! Hopefully it can be completed soon, when Ken is ready to wheel.

So glad that you were able to join us for this epic trip and we're super excited about finishing it up :cool:

Top Bottom