Difference between aluminium evo bumper and quarter pounder?

Christarp

Hey guys, I just found a pretty nice deal on a warn zeon 10S and I remembered it doesn't fit in the evo quarter pounder, but it does fit in the aluminium version evo makes, which makes me wonder why it doesn't fit in the regular quarter pounder.

Anyone know what would be required to make it fit in the steel quarter pounder?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The regular steel one has a off set winch set up with a single set of holes in the bottom. From what I've seen, the aluminum has two sets for which ever you decide. Not sure how the fairlead mount hole is situated.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The regular steel one has a off set winch set up with a single set of holes in the bottom. From what I've seen, the aluminum has two sets for which ever you decide. Not sure how the fairlead mount hole is situated.

Aluminum is in the middle.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407732264.528861.jpg

I think the zeon requires fairlead in the middle.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Just looked at smoking v8 build, I know he has the aluminum bumper, and the hole is centered, the steel is off set. Sorry for the confusion. I just wasn't sure how it came.

Attachments

• 1407735542590.jpg
    1407735542590.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 395

Christarp

Hmmm, so it looks like the only way to fit it would be extending the fairlead hole, and then buying another plate and making it a normal size and bolting it to the front of the bumper to essentially move the fairlead hole and still be able to mount the fairlead itself.. And then drilling new winch mount holes.

Hmmm, going with aluminium would negate some of the savings of the deal I have on the winch... and I assume it would prevent you from running other "normal" winches that aren't centered?

PNWjeeper

In addition to the OP, I have a question reg. The aluminum bumper by Evo Mfg - is it 1/4 inch thick just like the steel version?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
One minor difference is that the aluminum 1/4 pounder does not come powdercoated black it comes raw. I went aluminum because of the warn zeon and was told that the steel version was NOT an option.

Dubaibentzen

Does anyone know the weight of the aluminium version?
(I now the steel version is about 90 lbs with D-ring mounts.)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's super light. I think somewhere around 25lbs?

I believe the newer 1/4 pounders in steel allow for both centered and off centered mounting.

:beer:

They have it so both aluminum and steel have the two sets of holes for the winch. Specifically the zeon.

chipper

Asked the same question. This is what Drew emailed me
The "new" EVO MFG PRO Series front bumper with hoop weighs 75lbs and is steel. The ALUMINUM 1/4 Pounder weighs 30 lbs, the STEEL 1/4 Pounder weighs 90lbs and the Stinger for the 1/4 Pounder weighs 46 lbs.

ChaosNein

BOTH the STEEL 1/4 Pounder and the ALUMINUM 1/4 Pounder will accept an OFFSET or a CENTER mounted winch. The original design of the 1/4 Pounder was OFFSET only, but that has been updated.

ELBRAVO

The BIGGEST difference between any materials such as steel vs aluminum is Heat Treatment.

Having worked on Aircraft for over 25+ years, it comes down to your knowledge of basic metallurgy.

Top Bottom