"Complete Packages..."

sethccole

I was looking at the supporters of an offroad event in north Georgia and came across this...

http://www.thejeephut.com/jk-complete-packages.html

First, where's the fun in buying a "complete package", dropping your rig at the shop, then picking it up in a week and it all being like this...
Not to mention that the kits are mostly for looks, for instance, the exploration2 has 37" tires with 20" rims, and no regear. :doh:

Anyway, just thought I'd post this for anyone in the north Georgia area that is looking for a shop. Everything else looks OK! :thumb:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I think you've got it pretty well figured out. The thing I like about JK's and Harleys, they're a blank canvas to paint on. If someone else puts the "complete package" on your ride, you'll probably wind up making your changes anyway. Then you can join a fairly large club of "spending the most money for the least results." I'm a long time member. If you spend some serious time on Wayalife you'll dial in what you want and will probably find a how to install it write-up to boot.:yup:

NV375

These looks packages may not be for most of us on this forum but the accessory market and popularity of jeeps go hand in hand. If not for all the accessories jeep would not sale as many jeeps and may have neutered the Wrangler a long time ago. By sharing experiences here we know what parts hold up and what to shy away from. To those that can afford to take a new jeep and drop it off and pick it back up the way you want it that's great. I can not afford to have mine done all at once the way I want it. I have a friend that dropped off a new 2012 JKUR at a shop and after he picked it up shipped to the sandbox and got to enjoy it in his free time when the U.S. Navy did not need his services. If not for having it all done at once it wouldn't have been as fun for him. I wouldn't buy most of the parts on his jeep but it works great for him. Myself I am mostly enjoying installing my own stuff when I have time and my back can take it.

Bottom line if I don't like what a shop has for sale I don't buy.

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

2RedRigs

$10,499.00 for Rugged Ridge crap. :icon_crazy: That comma is one position to far to the right if you ask me.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I understand the appeal of "complete packages" for people who are not mechanically inclined (like myself). However, asking that much and not even offering to regear... and as already stated, for a bunch of rugged ridge stuff too. :thumbdown:

2014 JKUR

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I was looking at the supporters of an offroad event in north Georgia and came across this...

http://www.thejeephut.com/jk-complete-packages.html

First, where's the fun in buying a "complete package", dropping your rig at the shop, then picking it up in a week and it all being like this...
Not to mention that the kits are mostly for looks, for instance, the exploration2 has 37" tires with 20" rims, and no regear. :doh:

Anyway, just thought I'd post this for anyone in the north Georgia area that is looking for a shop. Everything else looks OK! :thumb:

Am I the only one who doesn't get it? You down talk a shop and then say "just in case anyone is looking for a shop."

If the shop does bad things why recommend them?

sethccole

Am I the only one who doesn't get it? You down talk a shop and then say "just in case anyone is looking for a shop."

If the shop does bad things why recommend them?

Its not that they do bad things. Like someone above said, [if someone wants to spend x amount of money and have a rig the next weekend, good for them]. I just thought it was funny and, admittedly, kinda sad that they do this, as I like working on my own toys. But, for anyone looking for a Jeep shop, like Off Road Evolution for example, in Georgia, wala! Here it is.

That being said, I have no experience with them, and am not trying to flame them at all! They targeted a market, and offer products for it.

I only have a truck parts store near me so I got kinda excited!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
We do this stuff at work for the Chrysler dealer in my hometown. I had the chance to buy a Jeep that was already lifted, wheels, 35 inch Toyos, and warn bumpers. However, after seeing their invoice on the stuff, I chose to buy my JK stock and start from scratch. It's called profit, the dealer had marked everything up 50% and doubled the labor we charged them for installation. All shops/dealers will do it and that's how they keep their doors open and the lights on. There is a market for already "customized" Jeeps. In fact, a local cop who has owned multiple CJs and just traded his TJ in at the local dealer for a '14 JKU that is lifted, with bumpers and a winch. His excuse is that it's ready for how he plans to use it and the add-ons are financed in. So in a way having most if the things already done are just fine for some people, no matter the quality of the parts used.

Zstairlessone

In a way this is a lot like the discussions between a Rubicon and a Sport. Not everyone wanted what was on the Rubi and had plans for a build so chose the Sport. No right or wrong, just preference and availability of a garage (or technical ability). Personally I get more enjoyment out of building than just the end result, (even though I didn't choose the Sport as a starting point).

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
In a way this is a lot like the discussions between a Rubicon and a Sport. Not everyone wanted what was on the Rubi and had plans for a build so chose the Sport. No right or wrong, just preference and availability of a garage (or technical ability). Personally I get more enjoyment out of building than just the end result, (even though I didn't choose the Sport as a starting point).

Not really. This is more like "Verizon wireless sucks and is the worst!! But if anyone is looking for a good wireless carrier check them out."

bkac

Caught the Bug
Not really. This is more like "Verizon wireless sucks and is the worst!! But if anyone is looking for a good wireless carrier check them out."

Easy... VZ Wireless funds my build and puts food in my belly. :eek:

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

Top Bottom