Factory Spring Swap

kaptkrappy

I already posted this in the "What was done to your rig this week" thread and thought I should post it in the Jeep Tech too.

I swapped out my factory coils, 14's and 55's, on my 2011 2dr soft top w/max tow, for 17's and 57's off of a 2012 4dr soft top.
I got almost exactly one inch of lift out of the new springs front and back.

Front Before

New Springs Front Before.jpg

Front After
New Springs Front After.jpg

Rear Before
New Springs Rear Before.jpg

Rear After
New Springs Rear After.jpg

Gratuitous poser shot.
Pose Med .jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
nice! that's about what we've seen in the past as well. hope you enjoy your extra height :yup:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Let's see, I got a lift, I got wheel spacers, what should I do next.....? :thinking:

Rhymes with "hires" !

I'd say tires... :doh:

So did you do the springs in your garage? Do you have all that nifty equipment Terra Flex has in the video?

kaptkrappy

I'd say tires... :doh:

So did you do the springs in your garage? Do you have all that nifty equipment Terra Flex has in the video?

Yes, I do all my own work, always have.

I've got a nice garage with all the tools a guy can collect over 30 + years of wrenching (no lift, just jacks and jack stands)

If anyone in my area ever needs help with an install, drop me a PM.

RockyJk

How do you like the ride? Mine got realky stiff when i got the 18/59 swap and bilstein 5100s

kaptkrappy

How do you like the ride? Mine got realky stiff when i got the 18/59 swap and bilstein 5100s

I didn't notice any difference in the ride/feel with the spring swap. In the cab it felt like I was a foot higher!

I did just install a new set of Rubi take off shocks Saturday. Man that is different.

It almost completely eliminated any body roll in turns, almost no body movement on jackrabbit starts or panic stops.

It is a little rougher feeling on uneven pavement, but the little I have been on the trails felt fantastic.

I would recommend better shocks (Rubi or otherwise) to any one driving a Sport or Sahara.

Top Bottom