Water Leak on Passenger Floor

BuckeyeJeep

Hi all -- I brought my Jeep last month and noticed that every time it rains, the passenger floor on the front seat leaks and it is soaked. I have thought it may have been coming from the side mirrors and planned to drill a hole on the bottom of the mirrors that connects to the body of the Wrangler. But before I get into that, I wanted to see what solutions you guys have, if any or have had any experiences with problems like this.

I have also checked to make sure that the plugs were in place under the carpet and they are.

Thanks!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hard top/soft top?

Check the seal on the header and also along the front side above the passenger window. Sometimes the rubber gets folded over and allows water to come in. Hopefully that makes sense.

AlexwBlkJK

I have the same deal on my JKU.. but not every time it rains.. I check the seal around the pas door and it had a little wrinkle in it.. I only water on the floor after REAL hard rains now...
Plus its a JK... so I am not to worried about it.. worse comes to worse I pull ALL the carpet and bed line the tub...

BuckeyeJeep

Its a soft top, that's a good idea, I'll check on the seal better this time and see the condition of it. Also, is it still possible for the water to link on the top of the front windows if there are no apparent water leaks?

JAGS

Hooked
Hi all -- I brought my Jeep last month and noticed that every time it rains, the passenger floor on the front seat leaks and it is soaked. I have thought it may have been coming from the side mirrors and planned to drill a hole on the bottom of the mirrors that connects to the body of the Wrangler. But before I get into that, I wanted to see what solutions you guys have, if any or have had any experiences with problems like this.

I have also checked to make sure that the plugs were in place under the carpet and they are.

Thanks!

This just happened to me. I think I traced it traced it to a small weep hole on the bottom of the door seal. Seems like water was draining from the hole to passenger side.

- Jason

BuckeyeJeep

And I noticed that the plugs to the bottom of the body on the floor seems loose...any idea how tight they should be? I'm thinking they could be coming from there since the seal on the door looks good.

Thanks again.

BuckeyeJeep

Okay, this is my first attempt on giving this a try. Used plumbers putty to seal the plugs onto the bottom of the floor because it seems too loose to stay in and there was evidence of water around the seal when I pulled it out.

0198fe8873ec82995910921f55302e48.jpg

If you have any other suggestions, please share!

Thanks!

Christarp

Water is definitely not coming up from the bottom of your floor. You have a leak at the door or top somewhere. It may not look like there is any problem with the seal but there can be.

2RedRigs

Only time my hardtop leaks is if I forget to put those 2 hand crank bolts knobs (don't know what they are called) back in. Never leaked with those snugged up.

noroad

same thing happened with are new 2014! call the deal and set up a water test and have them fix it! Did that and has not leaked from that point on!

BuckeyeJeep

Hard top/soft top?

Check the seal on the header and also along the front side above the passenger window. Sometimes the rubber gets folded over and allows water to come in. Hopefully that makes sense.

Okay, so after that floor thing -- it didn't work. Then I tried to check on the canvas where the corner is above the window that has a short black seal, it was folded in, I replaced this with a new seal and have yet to find the problem - this solution wasn't working. Maybe I'm not looking in the right area there since that is where water has been creeping in when I'm using a garden hose.

Was I looking in the right location?

noroad

Okay, so after that floor thing -- it didn't work. Then I tried to check on the canvas where the corner is above the window that has a short black seal, it was folded in, I replaced this with a new seal and have yet to find the problem - this solution wasn't working. Maybe I'm not looking in the right area there since that is where water has been creeping in when I'm using a garden hose.

Was I looking in the right location?

Take back to the dealer it is under warranty!

Top Bottom