PR44 Unlimited Extreme Duty

Im planning out my next big thing. ..which is a PR44 Unl. On the Offroad evolution website, when you configure the axle, there is an upcharge for Extreme Duty. What is that option? I cannot tell from whats there.

Thanks in advance.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
JK Tube Thickness Comparison

Capture.JPG

At left is the factory 2.5” x ¼” axle tube.
At right is our standard 3” x 5/16”
ProRock 44 axle tube. Our standard 5/16”
axle tube is 113% stronger than
the stock factory axle tube.
Our ½” axle tube (not shown), optional
on our standard ProRock 44 but
standard on the Unlimited housing,
is 182% stronger than the stock factory
axle tube.

K.D.C.H

A questions on this. I just purchased a 2015 JK unlimited sport and eventually I'll be looking to upgrade axels. With this PR44 unlimited, what are the limitations for it?

Forgive me for being new to all this, just trying to learn as much as I can before I start upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

A questions on this. I just purchased a 2015 JK unlimited sport and eventually I'll be looking to upgrade axels. With this PR44 unlimited, what are the limitations for it?

Forgive me for being new to all this, just trying to learn as much as I can before I start upgrading.

I'm not 100%- but I'm fairly certain the pr44 is rated for up to 37" tires.

It all depends on what you want to do with your Jeep, how you wheel it, and what you plan to build it to.

Going to go with 40s? You may need a PR60.

Going to stick with 33s? This may be overkill for you

Going to stay with 35s or 37s? This may be the ultimate axle for you.

Of course, the above assumptions are based on how you plan to wheel. If you plan to jump your rig, then you need to build accordingly.

Ive now been running this new axle (PR44 UNL) and am very happy with it. I dont plan to go higher than 35s, but if I get the bug to step up to 37s, Im GTG. Its nice to have the caster correction built into this...

Good luck with your build.

Last edited:

jman_12

I'm going to swap my Dana 30 for a PR44 eventually, and I only ever plan on going to 35s so that is plenty

Top Bottom