Gorilla Spline Lugnuts, safe with OEM wheels?

BenoA

Did a search but could not find an answer.

I just bought a set of Gorilla spline lug nuts (1/2 - 20) but compared to the OEM that came with my JKU Sahara 2013, the seat looks smaller.

FYI the pic below does give some kind of optical illusion :thinking: that the Gorilla is WAY smaller but both are 1/2, stock in on the left, Gorilla on the right

Tb5LyQtSV7WsF-Yg95Syrm2hpUulMmt2swkNhDj-gdI=w635-h207-p-no

So my question, both are 60 degrees, both are 1/2, but the stock has a bulge seat, the Gorilla one, no and its seat is smaller. So is the Gorilla unsafe to use with my OEM wheels?

FWIW, I installed them on my spare and I've been rolling like this for a few days with no issues, but the spare doesn't have all the stress as the ones rolling on the road and wouldn't like to loose a wheel!

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks in advance.:beer:

pastorwug

I had a similar question 'cause the OEM lugs are real crap.
Called Drew at ORE and he fixed me up with a complete set of lugs that are miles better than the Gorillas, and have the proper fit.
Give him a call - he'll fix ya up - then send those monkey ones back to the monkey. :thumb:

BenoA

Thanks pastorwug. I got flamed on another forum because I said the OEM lugnuts were crap.

I did my spare to test the nuts.
a4edypam.jpg
uvu9ujav.jpg

Got the contact info for your contact?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have run gorillas for about 3 years now. No issues when I was stock, had my black rock wheels, or now with my ATX chamber pros

Top Bottom