Mastercraft Nomad Seats

SFNick

Anybody running the Mastercraft Nomad seats in their JK? Just curious to how they sit & comfort.

SFNick

Well, I purchased the Nomads & I wasn't happy with the quality or the fact that the seats needed to be modified in order to work with the JK seat bracket so I sent them back & ordered Rubicon seats. I received my Rubicon seats today but they sent me one Nomad in the mix. So I thought I would do some side by side pictures. I will say the Rubicon in my opinion is well worth the extra money & I think they will last way longer than the Nomads.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499024.907675.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499074.134573.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499089.713391.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499110.959565.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499136.959505.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499150.655790.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499179.162679.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499194.148220.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499210.820482.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499227.198625.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499250.740314.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420499271.825466.jpg

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
They do look very similar, thanks for the side-by-side - seems we're rarely afforded those types of opportunities. Are you happier with the quality of the Rubicon seat? They aren't far off so I'm curious if you were happier with the slight finish difference.

SFNick

They do look very similar, thanks for the side-by-side - seems we're rarely afforded those types of opportunities. Are you happier with the quality of the Rubicon seat? They aren't far off so I'm curious if you were happier with the slight finish difference.

Definitely happier with the Rubicon seats. They do look similar & if you just saw the Nomads in someone's ride I would say that those are some nice seats. But side by side you can tell which ones were made in American vs China. The tweed material is way nicer than the material used on the Nomad & the padding seems to be doubled in the Rubicon. Even though the price is 2x I think they will hold up way longer.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Definitely happier with the Rubicon seats. They do look similar & if you just saw the Nomads in someone's ride I would say that those are some nice seats. But side by side you can tell which ones were made in American vs China. The tweed material is way nicer than the material used on the Nomad & the padding seems to be doubled in the Rubicon. Even though the price is 2x I think they will hold up way longer.

Good to know - now let's see them installed! :rock:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Good to know as seats or just a driver seat for now is on my list, and I think Ill be going with the rubicon cuz I don't think I need to be able to recline

SFNick

What all has to be done to the nomads for them to work?

All you will have to do is drill out an extra hole so that the JK mounting bracket will line up. If you look at the one picture of the 2 seats mounting surfaces you'll be able to see the one that is missing.

SFNick

Here's a pic of the Nomad & Factory JK seat bracket. Actually All you would need to do is lengthen one of the holes.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420618542.743501.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cant wait to see these installed so I can make a choice on them. I am more worried about how high or low they sit, but if its uses the factory rails I guess the raise lever would still work?

I have the rubicon seats installed and love them. They may look similar but the feel is quite different. I sat in all of them at EJS. I don't believe you can get all the options (heated seats, pocket,etc) on the nomad either.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420672085.258242.jpg

SFNick

99% certain the Nomad is made oveseas, while the Rubicon is Made in the USA.

That's right the Nomad is the Import version & it shows.

I have the rubicon seats installed and love them. They may look similar but the feel is quite different. I sat in all of them at EJS. I don't believe you can get all the options (heated seats, pocket,etc) on the nomad either.

That's also correct the Nomads only come with one option. After seeing your Jeep with the Rubicon seats I returned the Nomads & ordered up the Rubicons. The look & feel are exceptional. 👍

SFNick

Cant wait to see these installed so I can make a choice on them. I am more worried about how high or low they sit, but if its uses the factory rails I guess the raise lever would still work?

Im going to install the seats & a Tuffy center console this weekend. I'll take some additional pictures on the height of the seat.

Last edited:

SFNick

Had a little time today & threw in the driver seat. Love the look & feel. I'm 6'2" & it doesn't seem to be any lower than the factory seat & fits me just right. I highly recommend the MC Rubicons if you're looking at a fixed back seat.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420865646.957877.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420865666.701431.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420865616.358082.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
How long did it take for you to get the seats? also do you need the extra brackets that are sold for the seats?

How long did it take for you to get the seats? also do you need the extra brackets that are sold for the seats?

Usually it depends on your options. When I ordered mine it took about 4 days to get them with seat heaters and pockets. Yes you need brackets to adapt them to your stock sliders in the front and all new brackets in the rear if your swapping those too. The brackets took the longest for me to get but thats because they just modified them and were in the middle of a run. It should be much quicker.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Usually it depends on your options. When I ordered mine it took about 4 days to get them with seat heaters and pockets. Yes you need brackets to adapt them to your stock sliders in the front and all new brackets in the rear if your swapping those too. The brackets took the longest for me to get but thats because they just modified them and were in the middle of a run. It should be much quicker.

If I could make the new seat heaters work with the stock switches I think id add that option, but if not doubt id order them so my only real option would be just the tan color I think to go with my tan interior I currently have. Just cant make up my mind if I want them and I don't know of any local shops that have any to test. My usual guy has a few prp seats kicking around I think, but I don't wanna go with those.

Top Bottom