Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Overlanding Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Bumping this up to see if anyone has heard of Element fire extinguishers. It’s a completely different technology and looks interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Looks interesting for sure..... but the crappy & lack of videos is strange.... It's pricey & also, seems like you need to be pretty close to the fire.... cool concept though.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Looks interesting for sure..... but the crappy & lack of videos is strange.... It's pricey & also, seems like you need to be pretty close to the fire.... cool concept though.
    Leno has a video and explanation of it on YouTube in his Leno’s garage thing. $80 is pricey, but the space savings and fact that it never goes bad is appealing. As is the fact that is blows for 50 seconds compared to the 7-10 you get from a 5lb extinguisher. You could put these things pretty much anywhere in the Jeep.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Leno has a video and explanation of it on YouTube in his Leno’s garage thing. $80 is pricey, but the space savings and fact that it never goes bad is appealing. As is the fact that is blows for 50 seconds compared to the 7-10 you get from a 5lb extinguisher. You could put these things pretty much anywhere in the Jeep.

Yeah, I saw the Leno one... it is a year old though... if they go mainstream, I'd get a couple.

Just looked it up on youtube. Pretty cool product.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

That is pretty cool and a hell of a lot more compact.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

That's pretty cool and I bet would work in a lot of instances, but if you have a large area I wonder how effective it would be? In my infamous T-Case grenade, I had fluid under the whole bottom of the Jeep on fire. WIth one of these looks like I would have had to wave it all over the place fairly close to the flames to get it all out. WIth my extinguisher I was able to spray a large area very quickly so only a few wires were burnt. This looks like an excellent supplement to a standard extinguisher though.

That looks effective.

I love how it is easy to store, and it allegedly does not hurt anything, unlike what can sometimes happen with a normal extinguisher.

I may add one to my Jeep.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647