Did Ford buy Jeep?

Jdscott343

Someone told me that Ford purchased Jeep and I have found a few articles on the internet that says the same but not from any creditable web sites. Does anyone on here know if there is any truth to this rumor?

JKWrang

Someone told me that Ford purchased Jeep and I have found a few articles on the internet that says the same but not from any creditable web sites. Does anyone on here know if there is any truth to this rumor?

Given that they are releasing a Bronco.... I doubt it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
well ford did purchase Willys back in the day because they could produce more of them for the war so its partially true. as for modern day, i dont think chrysler would sell jeep so easily.

JKWrang

well ford did purchase Willys back in the day because they could produce more of them for the war so its partially true. as for modern day, i dont think chrysler would sell jeep so easily.

Jeep and Ram make up the majority of their sales so..... that would be monumentally stupid

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

seanb123

Fiat is who currently owns Chrysler as we all know. Jeep is their best seller, I highly doubt they would sell unless they don't want to take the heat for ruining the wrangler in the coming years

JLSilerJK

I own some F stock (i know, I know) so I see the daily news for Ford. There hasnt been a mention of Jeeps...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! That would be funny but if anyone, it's VW that really wants some of Fiat's brands.

Ranger4011

Can you imagine what the wrangler would look like if VW took it over ? Interested to hear what every would think about that !!!

Sessoms14X

Can you imagine what the wrangler would look like if VW took it over ? Interested to hear what every would think about that !!!

I'd bet they'd throw a diesel in it. Other than that I don't think they'd know what to do with the looks of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

ba_3JPG.jpg

images.jpeg
Rock Bug!!!! Spidertrax did that bug right! Now if VW bought Jeep and started building the wrangler with some of these modifications, I would be OK with that!!

This one just got bought by a friend. They redid it and put a "Jeep" front end on it. Looking forward to wheeling with them and watching it in action.:rock::rock:

Ranger4011

What makes you think ford bought jeep, the only time ford had a hand was during war time when Willis couldn't keep up with demand, yes everyone ford made jeeps too, for a while during the wars

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom