Overheating Issue

Devallee

So the jeep has been slightly overheating for a while now. I say slightly because it gets to 1 click below 3/4 and stops. Never goes past that point no matter how long I leave it running. I had a leak coming from the thermostat housing because I bent it tightening the hose clamp too tight. I replaced the thermostat and housing and it's still doing it. The fan is on and kicking (although I'm not sure exactly what point it's kicking on at). I can't find any leaks coming from everywhere; the coolant level has been at the same place for a while now. Any other things I could check to see why it's doing this? I did change the radiator a while back and I feel like it's been doing this since I replaced it. Could that be the issue? What about the radiator could cause the heat issue? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance

gtony12

Caught the Bug
So the jeep has been slightly overheating for a while now. I say slightly because it gets to 1 click below 3/4 and stops. Never goes past that point no matter how long I leave it running. I had a leak coming from the thermostat housing because I bent it tightening the hose clamp too tight. I replaced the thermostat and housing and it's still doing it. The fan is on and kicking (although I'm not sure exactly what point it's kicking on at). I can't find any leaks coming from everywhere; the coolant level has been at the same place for a while now. Any other things I could check to see why it's doing this? I did change the radiator a while back and I feel like it's been doing this since I replaced it. Could that be the issue? What about the radiator could cause the heat issue? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance

When you changed the radiator did you do a direct replacement, coolant mix correct, thermostat correct temp to open?

Devallee

When you changed the radiator did you do a direct replacement, coolant mix correct, thermostat correct temp to open?

I just did a direct replacement, topped it off and burped the system

Sent from my SM-G900T using WAYALIFE mobile app

rinkishjk

Sounds like u could have air trapped in the cooling system. Did u crank the heat when u were bleeding the air out?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Sounds like maybe still trapped air, maybe try burping system again. I had a car that had to be burped several times when I worked at the stealership. Had to keep having the customer come back every so often until it finally got it all. Luckily they were fine with having to come back and we never charged them any more money for it since it wasn't their fault or anything.

Top Bottom