Assistance with my long arm install " EVO Bolt on long arm "

HLKSMSH

So I plan on installing the long arms in the morning the only issue I have is what length to set the arms? I know it will all very with lift height and I will have to adjust the length to get my pinion angle correct, good thing they can be adjusted after installed. Using a simple angle finder and placing it on the flat spots next to the rear diff can you guys tell me the correct angle I need to be at in the rear and the front? Any help and pics will help/

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't have this but let me just drop an idea for you. What I would do is mock up the frame side bracket. Then eye ball your new long arm length to what your short arms are set to now. Once it's eye balled then you can start removing arms and putting the brackets on

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Wasn't there a write up on these? I could have swore there was. Not sure if there were measurements.

HLKSMSH

Thanks for the idea I was thinking of that just to get them close but I think my angle is already off some and want to see if I can get it back to the correct angle.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I recommend you call EVO Mfg. In the morning and see if they have any suggestions. For clarification, EVO Mfg., NOT Offroad Evolution. :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the idea I was thinking of that just to get them close but I think my angle is already off some and want to see if I can get it back to the correct angle.

No problem. It was the easiest thing I could think of for you with not having the measurements. If it's not in the instructions I would also call ore in the morning and ask Drew what their starting length is for them when installing.

HLKSMSH

ok I guess I will send out a few PM's I see a few guys that have them installed maybe I can get one of them to go measure the length of there arms.

HLKSMSH

I recommend you call EVO Mfg. In the morning and see if they have any suggestions. For clarification, EVO Mfg., NOT Offroad Evolution. :yup:

I called yesterday and got to talk to Mel about it and he explained to remove the springs set length at full bump and a few other things I was cut off due to work and did not have the time to get clarification. I should call back.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I called yesterday and got to talk to Mel about it and he explained to remove the springs set length at full bump and a few other things I was cut off due to work and did not have the time to get clarification. I should call back.

Sounds like you called Offroad Evolution. Try calling EVO Mfg. That's where they engineer and manufacture the parts. Jake should be able to answer that question. Also as you know Mel will more likely be headed to JKX. :thumb:

HLKSMSH

Ok I will do I guess till they open I will start the tear down lol already got the jeep sitting on stands tires off and front DS removed.

There are actual measurements in the instructions as starting points. They are basically screwed in all the way(all8). Then Use Eddies self-alignment guide to help you get the Caster and pinion angles correct( the correct degrees are in that link). The rear pinion angle should basically be "in line with your drive line" from what I understood. I just had to redo all of mine to get them right! Remember to start on a flat surface or take into account the degree of the slab you park on too! If you need copies of the instruction( measurements) PM me. ALSO, what front differential are you running? That could ale a difference in the caster measurement( if I understand that correctly).

HLKSMSH

There are actual measurements in the instructions as starting points. They are basically screwed in all the way(all8). Then Use Eddies self-alignment guide to help you get the Caster and pinion angles correct( the correct degrees are in that link). The rear pinion angle should basically be "in line with your drive line" from what I understood. I just had to redo all of mine to get them right! Remember to start on a flat surface or take into account the degree of the slab you park on too! If you need copies of the instruction( measurements) PM me. ALSO, what front differential are you running? That could ale a difference in the caster measurement( if I understand that correctly).

Sending PM now it came with no instructions and I have a D30 up front.

HLKSMSH

Aspenkid has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Hey man I never got a set of instructions it you have a copy you could sent it would help a lot thanks.

Top Bottom