Off Road Trailer Build

Moho

Jeep trailer.png jeeptrail.jpg Jeeptrail2.jpg jeeptrail3.jpg jeeptrail4.jpg Hey everybody, Im starting to build an off road trailer, for camping primarily. I found this on another site, and this is what i am planning mine off of.:brows:

Moho

Trailer frame1.png untitled.png First thing we wanted to do was get rid of the old frame. The utility body was held on to that with 3- 1/4" self tapping screws.
Took it off, cleaned up old rust and removed old flooring.:shock:

Moho

Trailer frame 2.png trailer frame 5.jpg trailer frame 6.jpg Then prep and prime the frame, add springs, and build the axle:clap2:

Last edited:

Moho

ready to roll1.jpg trailer 1.jpg rear bumper hitch.jpg Mounted axle , wheels, and added modified hitch, rear hitch on back of trailer. Hooked it up to the jeep and was unhappy with the axle position. So will move it back a couple of inches. Then sand prep for painting next week.

Next will be Wood plank floors, Pipe rack, to mount hard top on, racks to mount doors on, 20-25 gallon water tank with pump, small generator, and welder.

Moho

trailer adjust 1.png Trailer adjust 2.jpg

Got the axle moved back 3". Looks much better. Start sanding tomorrow, Paint inside with Rhino liner, and inside drawers lighter gray, Then the outside gloss black like my wifes jeep

New Lights.jpg :brows:

Moho

I wish I had seen this before now. My dad just got rid of a utility bed. Looks good.

Got the idea from the guy who did the blue one. I liked it. Not going to be for rock crwling trails, at least not extreme rock crawling, but for off road camping. with storage that is somewhat secure. Keeps honest people honest.

Moho

Well got it painted today, Had a few issues with the painting. Will have to touch up at a later date. painted 2.jpg painted 3.jpg painted 4.jpg painted 5.jpg

Moho

Tomorrow, wood plank floors, LED lights, and measure for pipe rack, spare tire holder, Propane tank, and Hard top, and door mounts.

Moho

Got the rack built, will paint it tomorrow, and mount it in a few days and the spare tire rack.
:wings:

Attachments

• Rack basic.jpg
    Rack basic.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Rack1.jpg
    Rack1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 136
  • rack2.jpg
    rack2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 135
  • rack3.jpg
    rack3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Spare tire1.jpg
    Spare tire1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 153

Moho

Have any idea what it might weight (empty) when it's done ?

Not yet, Im going to put the rack, tire rack, on thursday, wire the lights, and hopefully by this weekend, I can take it to get it wieghed.
Then Ill start packing it. But Ill post when I find out.
Got the racks painted today and just waiting for a couple of sheets of aluminum diamond plate,

Moho

Got the rack on, and lights hooked up, Today put the hard top on so we can mark the holes for mounting, and mark for hinges for the doors. Then get the tire rack on. and get the new plugs on the jeeps, 7 pin plugsundefined Rackon1.jpg rackon2.jpg rackon3.jpg LED LIGHTS.jpg :standing wave:

Top Bottom