RockHard Sport Cage Pic Request

Okay, so after the second Jeep buddy getting rolled on the street after being t-boned in the rear half of their Jeep, my conscience will not allow me to neglect this mod any longer.

I have seen Eddie's write-ups and I'm sold on the Rock Hard sport cage. (Other than I plan to add the Poison Spyder C-pillars.) The one picture that I have not been able to really find one out the window at the road. The dash bar is a concern for me and the primary reason this (or any) cage isn't already in our rig. I am worried about my wife comfortably seeing over the dash once the bar is in place.

As I mentioned, I've seen Eddie's write-ups, and I've googled the hell out of it... I can't seem to find this picture.

So if anyone has an "out the windshield" picture of their 11+ JK with a RockHard cage I would love to see it... If you are taking this picture I would appreciate a 5'3" vantage :)

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Are you going next weekend? You can sit in myne and see for yourself. Lemme dig through my phone tho I prolly have a pic of what you need.

Are you going next weekend? You can sit in myne and see for yourself. Lemme dig through my phone tho I prolly have a pic of what you need.

No... I am organising a ride with my local club to go to RedBird SRA that same weekend... My next trip out east will likely be November. I'm thinking about something after Thanksgiving. (travel friday, wheel saturday, travel home sunday)

Edit 1... I didn't realize you were running this. I would have annoyed you with questions when we met :)

Edit 2... I will likely be opening my RedBird ride up here VERY soon as there is not much interest with my local club.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Eye level, seat at normal driving spot so back a little, and I'm 5'8"

image-1795716859.jpg

And one steering wheel at top it basically lines up with it

image-1199242717.jpg

Thank you!

I will show her tonight and likely get that on order. It looks like no real visibility was lost (other than the view of the hood).

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It looks like you still have your side molding out, is that true? Is there not enough room to put it back in? Edit: When we do go to RC, if its ok with you I would like to see the cage in your jeep.

I think with a good deal of trimming it would fit, but I couldn't figure out how so I left it out and I don't mind it missing. Yeah no problem you can check it out .

jeeeep

Hooked
Okay, so after the second Jeep buddy getting rolled on the street after being t-boned in the rear half of their Jeep, my conscience will not allow me to neglect this mod any longer.

I have seen Eddie's write-ups and I'm sold on the Rock Hard sport cage. (Other than I plan to add the Poison Spyder C-pillars.) The one picture that I have not been able to really find one out the window at the road. The dash bar is a concern for me and the primary reason this (or any) cage isn't already in our rig. I am worried about my wife comfortably seeing over the dash once the bar is in place.

As I mentioned, I've seen Eddie's write-ups, and I've googled the hell out of it... I can't seem to find this picture.

So if anyone has an "out the windshield" picture of their 11+ JK with a RockHard cage I would love to see it... If you are taking this picture I would appreciate a 5'3" vantage :)

the Rockhard cage tubing is 1.75" and sits about an inch above the dash. I was concerned about visibility for my daughter who will be driving soon so I laid some paper towel roll tubes on spacers along the dash and had her sit in the driver seat. Visibility for her was still fine - she stands 5'4 (5'6 if you ask her lol) - btw Christmas roll tubes work well for mocking up as well.

My Mrs is only 5'2" (Garden Gnome) and it doesn't seem to bother her. Having a stinger or bullbar this sits slightly above hood level if your wife is also short, this will help her judge where the front end is.

the Rockhard cage tubing is 1.75" and sits about an inch above the dash. I was concerned about visibility for my daughter who will be driving soon so I laid some paper towel roll tubes on spacers along the dash and had her sit in the driver seat. Visibility for her was still fine - she stands 5'4 (5'6 if you ask her lol) - btw Christmas roll tubes work well for mocking up as well.

That's a great idea! Thanks!

JAGS

Hooked
I think with a good deal of trimming it would fit, but I couldn't figure out how so I left it out and I don't mind it missing. Yeah no problem you can check it out .

Was looking at your build post on the cage. Did you ever figure out how to fold down your top? :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom