Jk not a real jeep??

engineman1031

Today at work I was talkin to a guy on my ship about jeeps and the topic came up about what we drive and he drives a TJ and me a JK. He then went to tell me how JKs aren't real jeeps and are just for people who want a jeep but will never use it. Personally I love all jeeps not just JKs. I didn't even have to buy a jk but it was an end of deployment gift to my self to have a black 2 door rubicon wrangler. I wave to everyone and compliment every jeep I like. What is it about JKs that people can't stand and hate?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Today at work I was talkin to a guy on my ship about jeeps and the topic came up about what we drive and he drives a TJ and me a JK. He then went to tell me how JKs aren't real jeeps and are just for people who want a jeep but will never use it. Personally I love all jeeps not just JKs. I didn't even have to buy a jk but it was an end of deployment gift to my self to have a black 2 door rubicon wrangler. I wave to everyone and compliment every jeep I like. What is it about JKs that people can't stand and hate?

It is a newer model. They claimed that the YJ wasnt a real jeep because it had sqaure headlights, its nickname way/is the yuppie jeep. Then they hated the TJ because it had coil suspension instead of leaf springs. Now we have the JK that, heaven forbid it has four doors, a plastic grill, and looks so sexy everyone wants one. Yes that includes soccer moms and who ever else doesnt understand the jeep wave and doesn't take it off road. Just wait, we JK and JKU owners will get to jump on the band waggon here soon. Only two more years untill the model refresh.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

robx251

Caught the Bug
It is a newer model. They claimed that the YJ wasnt a real jeep because it had sqaure headlights, its nickname way/is the yuppie jeep. Then they hated the TJ because it had coil suspension instead of leaf springs. Now we have the JK that, heaven forbid it has four doors, a plastic grill, and looks so sexy everyone wants one. Yes that includes soccer moms and who ever else doesnt understand the jeep wave and doesn't take it off road. Just wait, we JK and JKU owners will get to jump on the band waggon here soon. Only two more years untill the model refresh.

It took me a long time to come around to the completely plastic fenders. Looked so cheap. Especially when color matched to the body with a color matched 4dr hard top. Still not a fan. Reminds me too much of an H3

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
It took me a long time to come around to the completely plastic fenders. Looked so cheap. Especially when color matched to the body with a color matched 4dr hard top. Still not a fan. Reminds me too much of an H3

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol i can see the similarity. IMO the only thing ridiculous about the paint matching hardtop and fenders is the price from the factory. :eek:

LeighP

Some people just like to feel superior......human nature, I guess.

Funny about the painted fenders/roof thing....I quite like how they look, they make the JK look less like a kit car, lol.
I just accept the fact that they're going to get scratched. :doh: :thinking: ;)

Siebermd

Typically

Typically, folks will over support what ever vehicle they have in the driveway as "The Best" and all others are inferior. I had a guy just the other day tell me that the best 4x4 on the market currently is the Nissan Exterra Pro4X. I laughed at him and proceeded to explain what a Rubicon is and he was dead set on his fancy grocery getting SUV. It truly is, different strokes for different folks...

hogtyed

Some people can't handle change. I owned a CJ-7 in the past & people would tell me CJ-5 was better. Now I own a JK & I hear all that crap. Here's for not going off road with a JK. I think the guy you work with is an

:asshat: Dave & Glo visit - July 2012 007.jpg Dave & Glo visit - July 2012 021.jpg Dave & Glo visit - July 2012 011.jpg Dave & Glo visit - July 2012 025.jpg

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Everybody has their preference. The JK is more roomy and much more easier to adjust yourself. Wheelbase is bigger making it a more comfortable ride when I am headed to get my cappuccino with whipped cream. Some of these owners that have previous models are so pissed they don't even wave at you. I feel the jeep has gotten better and better with each model. Just my opinion.

jeff_in_rc

To me a Jeep is a Jeep, does not matter if it's a CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, etc etc etc. I have seen some really cool CJ's that make you want to drool then again I have seen and followed some bitchen JK's that you just KNOW they sunk a ton of money into and they worked perfectly.

I have heard from some people, not on this board, that WAL is a "JK" only board. Well I will say that the majority of the people here do have JK's but so what, there are others on here with other Wranglers that post up and nobody gives them crap about what model they drive, hell look at me, I drive a TJ!

So go out and drive your Jeep, the way YOU want, on the trails/roads you want and have fun and tell your buddy to get the stick outta his a$$! JK's are here to stay my friend, they ain't going anywhere!

jhires

On a recent trip to Evans Creek ORV park here in WA, my wife and I had a guy in a built TJ shout at her as we passed to "Get a real F**Kin Jeep!" as he passed. I would have just brushed it off, but the guy was being a real prick and not just joking around.

Then again, it seems like there are lots of people like that at Evans.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
On a recent trip to Evans Creek ORV park here in WA, my wife and I had a guy in a built TJ shout at her as we passed to "Get a real F**Kin Jeep!" as he passed. I would have just brushed it off, but the guy was being a real prick and not just joking around.

The gatekeeper is designed to keep long wheel base vehicles out as everyone here seems to think you can't wheel one in these parts. If course, what they don't realize is that a bit of flex and driver skill can go a long way. Here's Cindy making her way through.
View attachment 98144

That state even builds obstacles to try and deter newer Jeeps. :shock:

DA RUNT

What a douchecanoe

Oregonjeeper

I have to Admit i was the same way with Four door until i got my wife one... thats not a real Jeep".. It changed my mind for sure ... I love my wife Fourdoor we have just as much fun in that as my TJ

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That state even builds obstacles to try and deter newer Jeeps. :shock:

Yup. Never have I been in a state with so many people so hostile toward the 4-door JK. I can't count how many times I've had guys come up to me there and tell me how my Jeep is "way too big" for "their" trails. The sad part is that they actually say it with pride and a condescending smile. While we were running Walker Valley, we passed up a group of TJ's and XJ's and as luck would have it, I had my CB tuned into the local channel and got to hear all the smack they had to say about us. It was actually pretty funny too. Granted, not everyone up there is like this, just the self-proclaimed "bad asses" :crazyeyes:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yup. Never have I been in a state with so many people so hostile toward the 4-door JK. I can't count how many times I've had guys come up to me there and tell me how my Jeep is "way too big" for "their" trails. The sad part is that they actually say it with pride and a condescending smile. While we were running Walker Valley, we passed up a group of TJ's and XJ's and as luck would have it, I had my CB tuned into the local channel and got to hear all the smack they had to say about us. It was actually pretty funny too. Granted, not everyone up there is like this, just the self-proclaimed "bad asses" :crazyeyes:

Lol, In a few months we'll have video proof that they can! :yup:

Oregonjeeper

For me, I have seen every different model be equally guilty. Maybe there are just more jk's on the road.

You Have a point..JK's are the newest Jeep and alot are the soccer moms just buy them to take kids around town..that comes into Play with the whole Mall Crawler Question

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Plain and simple, haters are gonna hate. There's nothing specific about the JK they don't like other than the fact that it's just not what they chose to buy and wheel. Like you, I love ALL Jeeps and enjoy wheeling with ANYONE who's willing to join in on the fun. :yup:

Top Bottom