Warn Winches

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Ok guys I a looking at getting a winch soon. and i possible found a great deal for one on craigslist. But since i dont know much about winches i am hoping for some input on if you think this is a good deal or if i should just wait until i have the cash for a new one?

If i went new i am looking at getting the Warn Zeon 10-S

the used one i found is Warn XD900i for $650.00 OBO. here is the add so you can see the condition:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/4659585895.html

(if this didn't work, try copy paste on this): http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/4659585895.html

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I have the XD9000i, had it since 2000 or 2001 and never had any problems with it, if that one is in good shape its not a bad price, and it should last a good long time. My .02 but I'm a Warn fan.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I have the XD9000i, had it since 2000 or 2001 and never had any problems with it, if that one is in good shape its not a bad price, and it should last a good long time. My .02 but I'm a Warn fan.

in your opinion from owning this model would you say it is in good shape from the pictures on the add? and a good price?

Gadget

Caught the Bug
From the pictures it looks pretty good, I would definitely have him show you that it works. Nice that it has a synthetic line on it. I would offer a little less than 650 to see if he bites.

Serg5000

The Warn winch I have now I purchased from a guy here on the forum. He was straight up with me with what was wrong with it from the get go. The model is 9.5ti with cable. He wanted $600 for it and said the remote was no good. I went to see it and after looking them up on the warn site I decided to pick it up. After talking to the seller I ended up getting it for $500. I have purchased a remote and brake assembly. I have just under $800 into it and it is in great working order. They retail for around $1100 $ 1300 depending on where you get it. I suggest you look into the retail price. Also try and free spool it if possible. He said he is willing to show you it works Take time to check it out. If it works as good as it looks, you will have scored. Good luck.

Beyrgut

Don't overlook compatabilty either, the Zeons don't fit the same as most winches. If you can get a good used XD9000i go for it, quality product and parts are easy to get.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
i am hoping to check it out tomorrow. what are thing i should look for to make sure it is functioning properly?

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
The Warn winch I have now I purchased from a guy here on the forum. He was straight up with me with what was wrong with it from the get go. The model is 9.5ti with cable. He wanted $600 for it and said the remote was no good. I went to see it and after looking them up on the warn site I decided to pick it up. After talking to the seller I ended up getting it for $500. I have purchased a remote and brake assembly. I have just under $800 into it and it is in great working order. They retail for around $1100 $ 1300 depending on where you get it. I suggest you look into the retail price. Also try and free spool it if possible. He said he is willing to show you it works Take time to check it out. If it works as good as it looks, you will have scored. Good luck.

what is something to look for so that i know it works ok? how did you know the brake assembly needed to be replaced?
from the research i have done so far i have found ones for $1100 to $1200?

Top Bottom