Popping noise help! (video)

dannymalkin

I'm hoping the Wayalife family can help me out. In the video I am I'm 4low with my sway bar connected (which is why my unlocked axles are obvious). When each axle reaches its max travel or even slightly on the down travel a loud pop is heard. There are three obvious "pops" in the video.

Any questions or suggestions are helpful! Thanks.

http://youtu.be/l9vE0eYUlO0

jeff_in_rc

I would start checking anything that moves, control arms, driveshaft u-joints, axle u-joints, swaybar links etc for any unwanted movement, play, or binding.
Might even check tie rod ends with the help from a friend. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Your sway bar may be clipping the frame or coil shroud when fully compressed, check for scrapes and if there are, you can shave it to make a little more clearance

dannymalkin

I would start checking anything that moves, control arms, driveshaft u-joints, axle u-joints, swaybar links etc for any unwanted movement, play, or binding.
Might even check tie rod ends with the help from a friend. Good luck and let us know what you find.

I will re check everything and let everyone know. It doesn't happen in normal driving situations either.

Your sway bar may be clipping the frame or coil shroud when fully compressed, check for scrapes and if there are, you can shave it to make a little more clearance

Good idea, I'll check some clearences.

Top Bottom