Jeep Thieves

wilyuhm

I just wanted to vent out some frustrations. I could not believe it but someone tried to break in and possibly steal my Rubicon last night. Fortunately I had installed an alarm censor under the hood so if someone were to open it, the alarm would go off; and that is what happened. Once my alarm went off the scumbags took off in another car. I went outside to check and noticed that my hood latches were disconnected. What was amazing to me is that these fools tried to do it so early in the evening. I also noticed that there is a rise in stolen Jeeps in the San Diego area. Earlier this year there were 6 Jeep Wranglers stolen in the Coronado area. I think I need to install some more security measures on my Rubicon before they figure out a way to get past the alarm.

sean.m.adams33

I had my last jeep stolen from San Diego. There's a couple threads on them. Glad they weren't able to get yours. Keep an eye out, because they are.

jeff_in_rc

I agree also! Makes you want to caught them and drag them down on main street and beat the crap out of them in front of your jeep!:rock:

Ricky

No don't do that, bring them to me and I will dump tham down a 800 foot deep mine shaft! :rock:
That way nobody sees you do anything, know what I mean? :crazyeyes:

RickyI

No don't do that, bring them to me and I will dump tham down a 800 foot deep mine shaft! :rock:

Yes, now I get the picture and its pretty clear! Out of sight & out of mind and no more worries! :)

Ricky

sean.m.adams33

Thanks... I have a feeling they might try to come back and try again.

They probably will. I now leave mine in 4lo, use a club, and an alarm and always park close to someone else with my wheels facing their car so if they try to tow they won't get to far.

JRoc

Just post up with a rifle and give them a warm greeting when they show back up. :dont_tell:

Clem319

I like this mine shaft idea. For any opposed to the idea, just know it will prob be a soft landing. I'm sure there are plenty of other criminals at the bottom to pad the landing.

DBats

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but does anyone have any good methods or things they use to prevent the all-out theft of their Jeep? I've always had a club that locks over the steering wheel when I'm in shady areas, but have people had success with things like kill-switches and things of that nature? Also is there a major difference in stolen jeeps having ragtops over hardtops? Or are jeeps in general just prime targets for theft?

wilyuhm

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but does anyone have any good methods or things they use to prevent the all-out theft of their Jeep? I've always had a club that locks over the steering wheel when I'm in shady areas, but have people had success with things like kill-switches and things of that nature? Also is there a major difference in stolen jeeps having ragtops over hardtops? Or are jeeps in general just prime targets for theft?

Well to ensure that my Jeep does get stolen I will be adding a kill switch in it this weekend. Till then my alarm and GLOCK will be the working.
Might have to just injure them if they try again and head up to mine shaft.

Oregonjeeper

I had a kill switch in one of my 1st jeeps it never got stolen but the radio was stolen about 4 times..I got to the point where i went to walmart and got $40 unit..I laughed when they the lady asked me if i wanted a warranty....i told her if it lasted all summers i got my moneys worth ...

DBats

I had a kill switch in one of my 1st jeeps it never got stolen but the radio was stolen about 4 times..I got to the point where i went to walmart and got $40 unit..I laughed when they the lady asked me if i wanted a warranty....i told her if it lasted all summers i got my moneys worth ...

Yeah I'm not worried about the radio, haha. Much rather have a 40$ unit jacked than my entire rig. What brand of kill switch did you use and where did you end up putting it?

Oregonjeeper

Yeah I'm not worried about the radio, haha. Much rather have a 40$ unit jacked than my entire rig. What brand of kill switch did you use and where did you end up putting it?[/QUO

the jeep came out of L.A. and it was installed by the dealer..so i cant help you out there sorry..

Yeah I'm not worried about the radio, haha. Much rather have a 40$ unit jacked than my entire rig. What brand of kill switch did you use and where did you end up putting it?

Yes! Where's your kill switch located? And BTW, what's your address? Lmao, sorry, I just had to.

NightKrawler

Run a toggle switch off your ignition and hide it. Nobody will be able to hotwire your car from the inside or even start it with a key if they had it. That and a Tuffy hood lock and you only have to worry about people stealing s*** out of your Jeep rather than the Jeep itself

Top Bottom