Cylinder misfire

titus7

Hey Guys/Gals...I just bought my 2012 Jeep Rubicon and on the way home it the check engine light came on. The code is showing a missfire in cylinder #4. I've heard that the 12's have head problems. Any info or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Being my first Jeep I'm wondering if I make a bad purchase?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Pretty common with 2012. Chrysler extended the warranty on heads for 2012. Shouldn't cost you anything

titus7

Ah k do ya know how long the repair takes? I don't have a spare vehicle

bthomas

For what it's worth, my dealer covered a loaner car. I dropped the jeep off around 4pm, they called before lunch the next day to tell me they were done. Other than a shiny new head peeking out, I couldn't tell anyone had been under my hood. I hope you get the same kind of service. Mine went around 20k miles and has been good since, I now am around 45k miles.

titus7

Ah k well it is still under factory warranty so as long as they fix it right and don't drag it out then I'm fine with it. Just still sucks when ya just get a new toy and then it breaks, ya know

Jorge1004

This has happened to me about a month ago and I just got another code saying the same thing the first time I brought my jeep in they had to replace the heads twice while in the dealer and I'm getting the same code now I have a 2013 jeep jku what could it be

Top Bottom