Water leak? Maybe

Bryan__howell

So today I was driving home from work, and I hear a huge pop and water goes all over my windshield, lucky I was in my neighborhood. When I popped the hood, I found the coolant hose that connects to the engine had popped loose. I slid it back on and clamped it down tight, I checked my coolant level, it was super low. I filled it back up and went for a drive an hour later, everything was running fine but my heat guage kept fluctuating from the half way point (where it usually is) to a little more than three fourths, anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It also sounds like there's a couple of gallons of water behind my dash stored somewhere
Slushing around.

So today I was driving home from work, and I hear a huge pop and water goes all over my windshield, lucky I was in my neighborhood. When I popped the hood, I found the coolant hose that connects to the engine had popped loose. I slid it back on and clamped it down tight, I checked my coolant level, it was super low. I filled it back up and went for a drive an hour later, everything was running fine but my heat guage kept fluctuating from the half way point (where it usually is) to a little more than three fourths, anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It also sounds like there's a couple of gallons of water behind my dash stored somewhere
Slushing around.

You have an air pocket in the system now.

RockyJk

Sounds like you got air in the cooling system, and the slushing sound inside sounds to me like your heater core

Edit: beat me to it Ridg3runner haha

gtony12

Caught the Bug
It could be thermostat not opening or not all the way. Could be failing and causing pressure to build as engine gets hot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bryan__howell

That's a good ideA, however, from what I'm seeing I need to "burp the radiator" or bleed the system of the air that's trapped. I have no idea how to do this

gtony12

Caught the Bug
That could be reason way you are getting dlushing noise possible heater core not filling or flowing enough water thru it do to thermostat obstructing the flow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bryan__howell

Haha thanks! I think it's time to attempt it. From what I read I need to open the radiator cap, turn my heat on full blast for about ten min, squeeze the hoses and watch for bubbles out the top of the radiator. Does that sound about right?

jeeeep

Hooked
Haha thanks! I think it's time to attempt it. From what I read I need to open the radiator cap, turn my heat on full blast for about ten min, squeeze the hoses and watch for bubbles out the top of the radiator. Does that sound about right?

no need to squeeze the hoses, just remove the cap, turn on the heater full blast and let it run. have some proper premixed coolant ready to fill it up as the level drops.

how ever...before you do this, check your thermostat - a lot of pressure built up somewhere to make it pop off.

Bryan__howell

I'm going to take it in to the dealership tomorrow. I tried it and it bubbled a while but then started over flowing and going down then over flowing then going back down. Something seems very very wrong and far beyond my knowledge

Top Bottom