EVO drag link flip

JandSJK

Just got my 3" plush ride coils and drag link flip from EVO today(well the flip kit anyway,coils show up thurdsay). The flip kit came with no instructions. I'm sure i could figure it out but instructions help alot. Was wondering if anyone had picts of there install or could give me some pointers on it? :)

JandSJK

ok next question. EVO website says the flip kit also raises the steering stabilizer. so where does it mount. not seeing this in the instructions?:idontknow:

Prime8

JandSJK said:
ok next question. EVO website says the flip kit also raises the steering stabilizer. so where does it mount. not seeing this in the instructions?:idontknow:

The stabilizer mount is the second to the top hole in the large front bracket. Top hole is track bar. See below...

ForumRunner_20121004_174442.png

FoxC

yep...its not in the instructions. I scratched my head on that one too.:thinking: Just as prime8 said above. I used a shock bolt and spacers to get the correct spacing from the SS and tracbar bracket. Works just fine.

RockIt Man

Question

Something I've been pondering....

I have been planning on adding the EVO flip kit however....

I was also planning on upgrading to Reid Racing Knuckles,

I believe the both raise the drag link?

So would they be compatible?

Neptune

Something I've been pondering....

I have been planning on adding the EVO flip kit however....

I was also planning on upgrading to Reid Racing Knuckles,

I believe the both raise the drag link?

So would they be compatible?

:thumb: but :thinking: how you mount steering stabilizer ? I have lot of problem with tie-rod and drag link. don't have a place for FOX stabilizer
Now on photo presented temporary with Bilshtein
111673.jpg

Donny

Just got my 3" plush ride coils and drag link flip from EVO today(well the flip kit anyway,coils show up thurdsay). The flip kit came with no instructions. I'm sure i could figure it out but instructions help alot. Was wondering if anyone had picts of there install or could give me some pointers on it? :)

I was under the impression that with a 3" lift you did NOT NEED the flip kit? Thought that was for once you got above the 4" + lifts?
If this isn't true how come so many companies sell 3" inch kits without control arms let alone a flip kit?

Donny

1slowjeep

I was under the impression that with a 3" lift you did NOT NEED the flip kit? Thought that was for once you got above the 4" + lifts?
If this isn't true how come so many companies sell 3" inch kits without control arms let alone a flip kit?

Donny

i asked pro comp the same question and they did not respond to the email. i have a 4 in kit and the front axle caster was way off with just the lift and i still am saving for my flip kit because the bump steer is bad on back roads around 50+mph. my thoughts would be 3 in is a bit of a grey area but i would recommend doing the add ons for a safer ride and to save the very costly front axle from blowing the seal. also the esp was going crazy till i put the control arm correction kit on and got a superchip tuner to fix the speed.

Donny

i asked pro comp the same question and they did not respond to the email. i have a 4 in kit and the front axle caster was way off with just the lift and i still am saving for my flip kit because the bump steer is bad on back roads around 50+mph. my thoughts would be 3 in is a bit of a grey area but i would recommend doing the add ons for a safer ride and to save the very costly front axle from blowing the seal. also the esp was going crazy till i put the control arm correction kit on and got a superchip tuner to fix the speed.

I totalllly agree. I am getting the 4" Enforcer so I know i have to get a Flip Kit but I was voicing my concern I guess at the sales of kits from many of the mass marketed vendors without fully being made aware of the need for one.
From my reading and participation on this forum I knew when choosing the Enforcer Kit I would need it. But if I didn't know I would have been clued in by the EVO site because they give it as a "choice" when ordering your Kit. That in and of itself goes far and above most other vendors. RK is the only other vendor that ever took the time to discuss my lift desires and gave me all the pro's and con's.

Donny

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Donny

You can use flip kits on 3" kits and you will see benefits. However you need to make sure you have long enough bump stops or the flip bracket will hit the frame under full bump.

Rouxger1

Ive installed the flip link kit, but needing a bit of help to get the ss not to hit the bracket. What type of shock bolt and spacers did you utilize and does everything have clearance. many thanks.

yep...its not in the instructions. I scratched my head on that one too.:thinking: Just as prime8 said above. I used a shock bolt and spacers to get the correct spacing from the SS and tracbar bracket. Works just fine.

Twiztid11

So if I get a 4"in lift with the EVO Draglink flip would I also need a new trackbar?

2014 JKU, manual, stock....for now.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MBezner

Evo drag link flip

Does anybody have a good installation video of EVOs DL flip kit? I am going to install mine later this week. I found one on YouTube a couple weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it now.

Skid_Kid

Does anybody have a good installation video of EVOs DL flip kit? I am going to install mine later this week. I found one on YouTube a couple weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it now.

I don't think there is one. It is fairly simple. Hardest part is drilling out the steering knuckle. I did it using a 11/16 bit first, then a 3/4 and finally the 13/16 with WD-40 as lube.

Top Bottom