Black fuel rotopax?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Am I mistaken that I read there is a rotopax container that is black that "could" be used with fuel? I thought I read that only one vendor carries this....

That_guy

They don't make a black fuel tank for use in the states. Federal regulations and what not. They do make them in black for use elsewhere.

Brankz

Lol a black fuel container lmao even I know that's not legal to use in the states ;) but you can buy a red roto and paint it black and bam! Wohooo you have a black rotopax

This is from rotopax.com's Flickr page. Looks like liquid storage to me. Now, where to get one? I looked at all products on their site and the only black container they sell currently, seems to be a storage pack. So it seems they're out there somewhere if you gotta have one. Good luck!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Moochie

I'm not sure if it's a state or a federal law but, containers that hold gas on vehicles are required to be red.

JAGS

Hooked
That's what I'm looking for!

Doesn't seem to be available. Plus, you'll want a storage for gas that is made specifically for fuel as composite materials are different for different liquids. I guess you are back to rattle can and a red rotapax. Or just have them powdercoated... :idontknow: :cheesy:

Serg5000

Don't forget that black draws heat like no other color. That said, you can do whatever you want with the red or white Rotopax once you own them. I prefer to leave them in red so people know they are fuel cans in case of an accident.

Doesn't seem to be available. Plus, you'll want a storage for gas that is made specifically for fuel as composite materials are different for different liquids. I guess you are back to rattle can and a red rotapax. Or just have them powdercoated... :idontknow: :cheesy:

LOL!!!

I have no want for black fuel cans but I was compelled to search for them just to see if I could find some actually molded in black. I guess I've got too much free time. I went so far as to search on the "worldwide" setting on eBay. I found blue-kerosene, maroon-oil/gas mix, yellow-diesel and the red and white. Guess it's down to powdercoat after all!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Just don't man just don't

I had the AEV fuel caddy...it's sold and long gone. I was just hoping to keep with the all black theme with the rotopax. Is it a big deal? No, but of I had a choice between black or red, there would be no contest.

Top Bottom