Could this be the new Jeep Scrambler?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I sure hope a that a potential new Jeep Scrambler looks nothing like this rendering that AllPar had done but, maybe I'm a minority on this one. What do you think of it?

Could this be the new Jeep Scrambler?
renegade-pickup.jpg

Allpar renderer JackRatchett took the liberty of experimenting with the Renegade style to create this new Jeep Scrambler, which could help use capacity and Fiat’s Italian factory while providing a moderately off-road-capable small pickup for worldwide sale.

The small pickup retains the Renegade styling, while adding the new Chrysler-patented dual tailgate; it would provide an alternative to the Fiat Strada pickup, a version of which is due to arrive in Mexico soon as a Ram 750.

There have been no rumors or insider information indicating that such a vehicle was under consideration, much less under active development, but it could be a handy addition to the product line in Brazil, India, Mexico, and other regions where small pickups are relatively popular.

While a Jeep Wrangler-based Scrambler is rumored to be coming around 2019, that is a long time for some buyers to wait. The original Scrambler was not a big seller, but in those days, no Jeep was.

Published on AllPar:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/09/could-this-be-the-new-jeep-scrambler

spinuck

He didn't realize at any sooner point during his experimental rendering that he was making a stupid looking vehicle?

CZEBJKU

The roof line and rear window don't look good to me but I think the rest of the rendering is kinda cool. Just my $.02

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeep_Will

That would be like everything bad about the styling of the new Cherokee but refined and condensed into an energy bar of disgust.:brows:

GCM 2

I think car designers now are so young that they have no recollection of recent automotive failures when a manufacture tries to just throw a small pickup truck bed on the back of an already lame design.

Failure;

baja2.jpg

Failure;

110704a.jpg

SDG

Caught the Bug
Pretty sure they were using this for inspiration...

denalixt.jpg

attachment.php

diiiiiisgusting!

JAGS

Hooked
The "idea" of a truck with dual gate is kind of cool, but this inspired design is just NOT the right direction.

- Jason

Top Bottom