Rubicon Trail Under Evacuation Order For King Fire

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Just saw the El Dorado Sheriff just announced that the Rubicon Trail is closed due to the King Fire. That thing is still spreading fast.

spinuck

Dang, hope they have it open by next weekend.

edit: and obviously I hope that no one is harmed.

Last edited:
Dang, hope they have it open by next weekend.

edit: and obviously I hope that no one is harmed.

30k acres and 5% contained, i don't think that's happening. Even after the fire is under control they may keep the roads closed for fire clean up. Sad day today, saw stumpy lake go up in a matter of minutes. Hoping for the best.

d90king

Oh man that sucks! I hope everything gets squared away soon with a minimum loss off property and nobody gets hurt.

spinuck

Wow, that map really drives home how bad that fire is. Sad that such awesome landscapes are going to be destroyed.

TheStick

This thing is a beast. Lives of course of value first, but it is also devastating how much land is being destroyed that won't be the same for many many years.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Totally sucks to see. Haven't seen it this bad since the fire in Meyers a few years back. Been getting a lot of the smoke dropping down on us in the evenings - really sad.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Oh man! I've been buried in work and didn't read about this until now. Crazy! But considering how little snow/water we had this year I am not surprised other than for the fact there wasn't a big one sooner. :grayno:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just read that they arrested a guy in relation to the fire. He was charged with arson and has a $10 million bail.

David1tontj

Just read that they arrested a guy in relation to the fire. He was charged with arson and has a $10 million bail.

They are going to need to keep him safe, because I'm sure a lot of people want to hurt him!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

d90king

Good! I hope they throw the book at him and he rots in hell for his actions. Those fires destroy countless lives and put countless lives in danger for no reason.

David1tontj

Good! I hope they throw the book at him and he rots in hell for his actions. Those fires destroy countless lives and put countless lives in danger for no reason.

Hell huh? Closest thing I can think of that seems fair is to tie him in a chair, just north of the flames and see which way the fire goes. (The wind Is blowing north right?)

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Top Bottom