breathing new life into my JK

Recurve

So I bought a new, well new to me 2008 JK 4 door wrangler unlimited rubicon this past june.
It was from a member here by the name of Lane87. Some of you know he bite the bug for vintage motorcycles an continued his life that route. So he decided to sell his Jeep. I met him through my passion of motorcycles, an really liked his jeep an decided to jump into my first jeep an first jk!
Ive always respected the jeeps offroad capabilities cause my dad had an old cj he used to plow snow with, would go anywhere
Recent years ive grown found of the JK, especially the 4 doors :)
Enough with the words, pics!
how it sat pretty much when I first got it back in june 2014
IMG_2178.jpg
First thing I did to make it "MY' jeep, I painted the wheels a metallic bronze. I always loved bronze an it goes great with red.
Kinda a import race thing, but I figured it transfers over to the jeep nicely. I like it.
IMG_2265.jpg IMG_2264.jpg
Now onto the build , I love evo stuff. A lot of thanks goes to this site an Lane.
So im basically prepping everything for 37s in the near future.
heres what I recently acquired an installed

EVO 4 in enforcer lift ( the whole kit, including draglink flip kit)
KING 2.0 shocks
EVO gussets and sleeves
fox stabilizer (stock one was not included when I bought it)
Adams 1350 front driveshaft

Getting the front axel out to weld on gussets an sleeves. IMG_2355.jpg
Installing lift ..... The evo lower control arms are beasts.... IMG_2356.jpg
Also king shocks look fantastic IMG_2357.jpg
Time to weld on evo gussets an sleeves... so thankful I got an awesome friend who is a great welder with some great metal working equipment. IMG_2359.jpg IMG_2360.jpg IMG_2364.jpg
My friend drilled the holes needed to roset weld the sleeves in, also welded on the gussets.
I would show more pics if someone can tell me how to reduce the MB size ... I got a lot more IMG_2368.jpg IMG_2369.jpg IMG_2370.jpg IMG_2376.jpg IMG_2379.jpg IMG_2384.jpg
welds look great! Also impressed with how well the evo gussets fit! Makes it a lot easier to weld!

Recurve

I apologize about the sideways pictures. First time using this forum, Is there anyway I can reduce the mb size of the pics and make it so the pictures are not so big?
I will continue when I can make it easier for you guys to look at all this lol.
I have photobucket, would it be easier to use URL instead of the picture tool on creating the thread?

Moabbnd

Looks good! The bronze wheels makes it a nice change over the normal black/silver out there. Also that axle reinforcement is a great idea! Been meaning to strengthen my 44

Recurve

Haha , thanks guys! Im big into cars an I always painted the wheels on my cars bronze,My favorite color for wheels.
When I move to atx slabs I think I'm goin to powder coat them bronze lol.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looking great, nice work and detail. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

image.jpg
Getting the parts for the rear on an mocked up.
Also just to mention, I'm changing diff oil, engine oil, brake fluid an installing new rotors an pads all around.
Plus when I took the front axels off I noticed I needed new ball joints.
So I had to go to my local shop an have them order new spicer joints.
I'm loving the stainless steel braided lines
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 830

Ratchet

I would show more pics if someone can tell me how to reduce the MB size ... I got a lot more

IF you haven't already found a solution, I use a program called Fotosizer. It's free, and resizes batches. You can tell it to rotate images, etc, during the process as well. Really helps when you have dozens of high res pics.

There's a dozen or so programs out there, even online sites that will resize for you, all pretty equal in capability....that's just one I use.

Love how the build is coming!

GCM 2

Very nice thread

Great start, awesome parts and very cool that you and a buddy are doing the upgrades! :rock:

mikefishes

Great build so far! I know lane and have wheeled with him a bunch of times. He's a good guy. You got a well cared for rig. See you on the trails sometime!

Recurve

Okay! got more now! So good news! I have my enforcer lift on an done! NOW I just need to catch up with pictures lol, only thing im waiting for now is my driveshaft.... so 2wd for me till it comes :(

btw , here is some old pics b4 I started modding. I live up in the mountains. Im fortunate to have some cool trails just right up the road from me, nothing crazy or really too difficult though.

Some at rousche creek last month :)

Okay! thats the fun I had with it before I started my enforcer lift an axel upgrade project a week ago!

Last edited:

Recurve

Now back to the build! :thumb:

here she is! The front axel all welded up and I slapped it with a good coat of gloss black!

Got it up in there, this is what held me Up an kept me from doing the rousche creek trip today! SORRY GUYS!
the u-joints were junk.. nobody around had spicer joints in stock, so I had to order them an took about 4 days! cause of weekend.

Also smashed my finger on my axel! :misery:

Recurve

thanks for all the motivation an compliments guys! Means a lot! Thank goodness for photobucket lol, so this thread should be A LOT easier for you guys to look at.
Im running out of daylight right now!
Stay tuned! Tomorrow morning I will have a before an after shot of my jeep!
Just gotta say, this thing rides like a caddy now! Very comfortable an forgiving. I dont know if thats the plush 4 in springs or the king shocks, probably both lol. Now just waiting on my Adams 1350 driveshaft! :yup:

Top Bottom