Sway bar light illuminating and loss of all power at highway speeds.

Jaydoc1

So my JK is a 2013 Rubicon with about 33K miles on it. No electrical upgrades other than a Warn PowerPlant that I installed about 3 weeks ago.

Yesterday I was driving home on the highway and my wife happened to be looking at the dash and asked, "What's that? A bunch of lights just came on and your speedometer dropped to zero and then came right back up."

I hadn't noticed so started watching. Sure enough, three more times in a 30 mile trip there would be a quick flash of three of the indicator lights over the speedo/tach and then the sway bar indicator would come on for about 1.5 seconds and the speedometer would drop to zero and then come instantly back up to the correct indicated speed. There would also be a quick decrease in engine power for about 1 second. An audible electronic indicator would also sound for the period of the speedometer and engine changes.

Anyone else had this happen? Brand new for me. If it's a known issue that I can tackle on my own that would be great. Otherwise sounds like it's warranty work for the dealer. Just not sure how to reproduce it for them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Check your batter leads especially if you connected any additional components to it like a winch. The 2012-up connectors clamp tighter as you tighten the tapered nut and if you have another connecter in the way, it will not be able to get tight. A loose connector can cause the exact problem you just described.

Top Bottom