Manual tranny

mad dog 21

So I have experienced a couple of times that my manual trans in my 2010 jk sahara will pop out while in first. I'm hearing and reading that this is common problem. How do I get this fixed? No warranty so steelership is out and plus I like doing it myself with friends. Any help would be great. Thank you

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, common problem and one that there is a TSB to fix it. Or, at least it's supposed to fix it. If you're out of warranty, it'll cost about $1800 to get fixed. Apparently, it has something to do with the syncros.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Only question is will they go in and fix it even though I don't have warranty.

They will, you'll just have a bill to pay at the end. It's not a warranty or recall, just gives the tech a route to go as far as a fix for the problem.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Only question is will they go in and fix it even though I don't have warranty.

Of course they will but, you will have to pay for it. If you can find a 2011-up transmission, it might be the better way to go as they are pretty cheap. I ended up getting a new 2011 motor with a manual tranny for about $1000 and it only had 50 miles on it.

mad dog 21

Wow that's a great deal you got. So look for the 11 models? I take it that's a better product because they (jeep) finally fixed it.

Top Bottom