CAMP JEEP : Get a Taste of the Jeep Way of Life

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Let's face it, we all got our start somewhere and for those of you who are looking to get a taste of the Jeep way of life, I would highly recommend that you visit a Camp Jeep near you. Found at events like Jeep Jamborees and local auto shows, Camp Jeep is an interactive fun zone designed for the whole family to enjoy and of course, one that allows you to take a short test ride in a Jeep JK Wrangler. Driven by a professional driver, you will be taken on a ride over tree stumps and logs that highlight the maneuverability and clearance of the Wrangler. You will also be taken across a steep, 30 degree off camber hill and opposing articulation ramps that allow you to see first hand just how nimble and stable the Wrangler's suspension really is. Last but not least, you will be taken up and over the 35 degree, Jeep Mountain, which is a hill 18 feet high and demonstrates the Wrangler's superior traction to get you up it and hill assist feature that helps you to get back down.

To give you an idea of what you can expect to see and experience, this short video will show you highlights from the Camp Jeep we visited with some friends during the Orange County International Auto Show in Anaheim, California. We hope you enjoy.

CAMP JEEP : Get a Taste of the Jeep way of life

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That's a great idea. They should have a cabin camera for the off camber. I bet a lot of non-offroaders get pretty puckered with that.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well, it was especially fun that our good canadian friend, chris came :thumb:

seriously, i think jeep does a great job with camp jeep and when you're there, you can really see how excited all the soon to be jeepers are about the whole thing. we love it and that's why we decided to make this little clip.

a big thanks to canandian chris, dave, chris and jen for joining us out at camp jeep and for helping us to make this video :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a great idea. They should have a cabin camera for the off camber. I bet a lot of non-offroaders get pretty puckered with that.

honestly, i was getting a bit puckered especially when chris started to bounce us in an attempt to tip us :shock:
fortunately for us, the jk was more stable than that :yup:

Last edited by a moderator:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
wayoflife said:
honestly, i was getting a bit puckered especially when chris started to bounce us in an attempt to tip us :shock:
fortunately for us, the jk was more stable than that :yup:

I tried! I was really impressed at how stable it was. Not even close to feeling tippy

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Sharkey said:

The jeepers were scared too

Last edited by a moderator:

DManuel

Good times. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for the LA Show and a return to Camp Jeep! I get to bring Laura to camp with me next time. :brows:

Hightower

ChrisB said:
The jeepers were scared too

Chris I'm going with you next time and I'll do the bouncing! ;-)

DManuel said:
Good times. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for the LA Show and a return to Camp Jeep! I get to bring Laura to camp with me next time. :brows:

Dave leave your sun glasses in your truck next time.

Hightower

wayoflife said:
well, it was especially fun that our good canadian friend, chris came :thumb:

seriously, i think jeep does a great job with camp jeep and when you're there, you can really see how excited all the soon to be jeepers are about the whole thing. we love it and that's why we decided to make this little clip.

a big thanks to canandian chris, dave, chris and jen for joining us out at camp jeep and for helping us to make this video :rock:

Thanks for the invite i had a great time.

DManuel

clarsen said:
Chris I'm going with you next time and I'll do the bouncing! ;-)

Dave leave your sun glasses in your truck next time.

Good idea. I am going sunglasses shopping on Wednesday. Go Camp Jeep!

Trail_Creeper

Thats pretty cool. I'm going to have to make my way to one of these some day... If i can find one, maybe i just found my mid-tour trip.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I just had a 20 minute conversation with our UPS man today about camp Jeep. He loved the mini trail ride and was really exited about it. I can see this guy buying a jeep just from the trail ride.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just had a 20 minute conversation with our UPS man today about camp Jeep. He loved the mini trail ride and was really exited about it. I can see this guy buying a jeep just from the trail ride.

that's pretty cool. i think jeep is sealing the deal with their camp jeep :yup:

Top Bottom