Spectra Air intake systems?

Has anyone installed a spectra air intake system in their JK? Very concerned about the check engine light coming on and the CARB requirements in Maryland. Maryland has adopted the California State regulations.:hmm:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Honestly I don't think you can beat the efficiency of the factory intake. I just run a k&n panel filter in my factory intake.

But if you are going to get one I wouldn't trust my engine to a cheap DIY kit.

LeighP

If you go anywhere near water, the last thing you want is an open element "cold air" intake......look around on the forums for the stories of people hydro locking their engines while running a cold air induction. Not sure if the spectra system you're looking at is open element or not.
Probably the one improvement (and it'll be a small one) would be to run a dry element re-usable filter in the stock airbox.
The sealed airbox systems like Airaid's are nice, but I'm not convinced they're worth the money for the gains. I'd personally go stock airbox and AEV snorkel.

LHC30

I have has CAI's on many vehicles, including my Z06 Vette. I have experimented with oiled element filters and dry and none work any better than stock. The closest was the "ram air" type on the Vette but I had to be going over 100 for it to really kick in. In general aftermarket filters are much worse at filtering no matter how well you take care of them. The MAF is almost always dirtier than they should be and that causes problems. Keep in mind the factory spends a $hit load of R&D money and looks at a variety of conditions the veh is likely used in.

Top Bottom