Hello Everyone (from new member)

hockeysteve2001

Hello Everyone,

I recently joined the forum after purchasing a 2010 Jeep JK and I must say, it was like rewinding the clock about 25 years to the days of my old CJ that has long since been gone due to working 7 days a week back then.

It took me losing my job to truly "wake up" and realize what's most important; Family, Friends and Jeeps (and the way you spend time with all three!)... We got started with a family late in life as we have two children; a 6 year old girl and 4 year old boy. They are such unbelievable little monkeys and I can thank them for influencing my purchase of the Jeep as they always loved our neighbor's lifted Cherokee and asked if we could get a "monster truck" LOL!!! Well, I wouldn't call the JK a monster truck as it only has about a 3-3.5" lift and some 315/70R17's, but it looks much more "beefy" now!

Well it only took about a week after purchasing for me to start modifying the new ride going from bone stock to now sporting a lift kit, new wheels, tires and brakes, new stainless cat-back exhaust, performance tuner, cia, etc, etc, etc... so like my old CJ, the list of upgrades for our beloved Jeeps is plentiful (and tough on the pocketbook)

I was born and raised in Chicago where the terrain is extremely flat, so we'd have to drive up into Wisconsin to find some trails to take the old CJ. Now being in Pennsylvania, there's a lot more practical places to go offroad, I just need to investigate where it's safe (and legal) to wheel.

Thank you all for the great posts as I truly enjoy reading them!

Sincerely,

Steve

Welcome to the Wayalife. Post up some pics of your jeep so we can be inspired. Additionally how about filling out your profile some more. Reason being is the past couple of months there have been some colorful characters who signed up only to raise hate and discontent. Please do not take this any other way than we just want to know about you and your jeep like mods, lifts, tires etc....

R/
Will

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Welcome to Wayalife! post some pics and fill out your profile when you get a chance! also where in PA are you?

grnt87

Welcome to WAL! Sharing the love of Jeep (really the time spent) with a child is the best time ever. I have two daughters 5 and 3. They love the Jeep. Every time we say we are going to the car my youngest asks if we can take the Jeep! She lays under the Jeep when I am working or cleaning it like she knows what's up...haha. Anyways welcome and you will find great people and a wealth of knowledge here. See you around!

hockeysteve2001

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Jeep (Stock Front).jpg
Welcome to the Wayalife. Post up some pics of your jeep so we can be inspired. Additionally how about filling out your profile some more. Reason being is the past couple of months there have been some colorful characters who signed up only to raise hate and discontent. Please do not take this any other way than we just want to know about you and your jeep like mods, lifts, tires etc....

R/
Will

You got it Will... and sorry for the delays, we've been dealing with some family health issues (my dad and oldest sister). I wanted to complete my BIO and add some pics of the Jeep (stock to modded) as it was a tremendously fun project modifying it!

I still have to figure out how to upload a profile picture of the Jeep... evidently I'm not the most technology savvy guy LOL!!!

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing everyone's posts, especially on JK advice for this little minivan motor.

Attachments

• Jeep (Stock Side).jpg
    Jeep (Stock Side).jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Jeep (Modded Front).jpg
    Jeep (Modded Front).jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Jeep (Modded Rear).jpg
    Jeep (Modded Rear).jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 38
Hock,

Nice looking Jeep.

Go to settings
then click update avatar. from there you can choose to upload a picture from the web or your computer. Choose either one and then click on save. Easy and Lemon Pie.

R/
Will

DA RUNT

Great looking rig, hope the family and health issues are better. Welcome to WAL :standing wave:

JKsix

View attachment 103373

You got it Will... and sorry for the delays, we've been dealing with some family health issues (my dad and oldest sister). I wanted to complete my BIO and add some pics of the Jeep (stock to modded) as it was a tremendously fun project modifying it!

I still have to figure out how to upload a profile picture of the Jeep... evidently I'm not the most technology savvy guy LOL!!!

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing everyone's posts, especially on JK advice for this little minivan motor.

Good looking rig brother.

hockeysteve2001

Welcome to WAL! Sharing the love of Jeep (really the time spent) with a child is the best time ever. I have two daughters 5 and 3. They love the Jeep. Every time we say we are going to the car my youngest asks if we can take the Jeep! She lays under the Jeep when I am working or cleaning it like she knows what's up...haha. Anyways welcome and you will find great people and a wealth of knowledge here. See you around!

Thanks so much for the great welcome, and I totally agree... kids just love Jeeps too, and that's awesome because it allows even more family time together!!!

Thanks again!!!

hockeysteve2001

Hock,

Nice looking Jeep.

Go to settings
then click update avatar. from there you can choose to upload a picture from the web or your computer. Choose either one and then click on save. Easy and Lemon Pie.

R/
Will

Awesome brother! Thanks so much for all the help!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm in Manheim, PA... and I noticed another member is in Bucks County, which is funny because I used to live in Newtown. Small world!!!

ahh very cool! im down in West Chester. maybe i will see you around if not next rausch creek trip. hope you can make it since its not to far from you!

Top Bottom