$hitty spot in the road

Robicon

Couldn't be more pleased with my 2014 JKUR. It’s still stock, so I have only taken is on some of the tame trails in So Cal.

I decided to give it a good highway test and hit the shitty patch in the road that’s on the 133 connector to the 5 south. I know this spot is a jacked after hitting it in a couple of other vehicles.

Firm grasp of the wheel, foot on the pedal and I peed a little when I hit it…

Question is, would a good steering stabilizer mitigate the wild feedback, or is the shitty spot just to be avoided??

Rob

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Steering stabilizers won't help. I guess avoid pot holes and bad spots so you don't pee anymore. Solid front axle vehicles tend to be rough riding, but the jeep jk is probably the smoothest driving one on the market.
Although the new ram trucks are pretty nice also. My friend bought a new one and the suspension is very similar to the jk. I was impressed

Last edited:

JKWrang

Yea, a shitty spot on the road at highway speeds is a shitty spot on the road at highway speeds lol

When I had my JkX-rhd the short wheel base on the 2 door got literally tossed around by this one joint on 93 going into Boston every time. So I avoided that toll gate and used the next one, problem solved and no cost to me!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hogtyed

Might want to write a letter to your state & local shitty politicians about fixing the shitty spots in the road. :tantrum:

Avoid the spot or go with the Double Throw Down and Lever so you can take that part of the road with out slowing down. Cost difference is negligible between the two.

Oh i would also write your local leaders and voice your concerns. As well have your friends and neighbors do the same.

R/
Will

Benito

Caught the Bug
Avoid the spot or go with the Double Throw Down and Lever so you can take that part of the road with out slowing down. Cost difference is negligible between the two.

Oh i would also write your local leaders and voice your concerns. As well have your friends and neighbors do the same.

R/
Will

I agree with canvas, DTD/Evolever is definitely the solution

Sent from my Nexus 5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I know the spot you are talking about. It has gotten really bad over the last year as proof by the multiple sets of skids marks where people have lost control. That joint unsettles every car and the only thing you can do is slow down.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The sad truth is, the factory coils and shocks are nothing to write home about. In fact, I always laugh when someone says that their new lift kit is as good as stock as that makes me think - "I'm sorry to hear that". Is it safe to assume you are still running the same high PSI that your Jeep came with from the dealership? If so, try lowering it to about 30 PSI or just above where your TPMS will not throw a warning light. This won't fix your problem but it will help soften things up. As mentioned, a steering stabilizer will not help anything here.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I agree with canvas, DTD/Evolever is definitely the solution

Sent from my Nexus 5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey baby boy! Haven't seen you post up in a while, or somehow I missed it.

Still smoking dope, bad mouthing your country and burning the flag? :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

Robicon

Thanks for the input, I'll take Eddy's advise and drop my tire pressure for now. The grand plan is to save up for a while, then drop it off at Off Road Evolution for an attitude adjustment :rock:

Rob

Benito

Caught the Bug
Hey baby boy! Haven't seen you post up in a while, or somehow I missed it.

Still smoking dope, bad mouthing your country and burning the flag? :crazyeyes:

Yes, still doing all those things, even visited the mainland back in July!

Top Bottom