Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust leak on pentastar

Did the same thing and hit my loop pipe on a rock on my 2012 JKU. Heard the leak and noticed that the flange where the catalytic converter meets the head/manifold on the 3.6. Took off the cat and loop pipe, heated it up with an oxy torch and used a shop press to slowly bend it back to straight. Ended up cracking the weld on the flange but had my buddy weld it back up. No problems or leaks since. Quite easy to get the cat and loop in and out. If you don't have the skills or tools to fix it I've seen the assembly around for 250 plus core charge. Not too bad but I'm a complete cheapskate. Good luck!!

Well, I've got it in getting fixed today. It looks like it was only a gasket. I will know more once it's all done but sounds like it's only going to cost about $200.

It almost happened again! On the weekend I got hung up on a rock and heard the exhaust leak. But once I was freed up it was gone. Definitely looking at a loop delete kit now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12