Control arms

Jeep_Dawg08

Hi everyone.
I just recently had my 08 jku on the alignment rack and founf out that the caster is way off.
2.8 and 2.6°
Question I have is with just a 2" BB what would trow this this far off?
And do I need lower, upper, pr both front adjustable control arms.
I am going tp a 3 or 4" lift next yr so I want something adnustable for when I do.
Whats a decently priced arms that can help me with my problem.
Also they are telling me the C knuckle is bent allowing the tires to angle in at the top. Would Cgussets correct this or what dp I need to do?
Not made of money so a fix that easy on the wallet is preferable.
Thank you all in advance

●|||||||●

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hi everyone.
I just recently had my 08 jku on the alignment rack and founf out that the caster is way off.
2.8 and 2.6°
Question I have is with just a 2" BB what would trow this this far off?
And do I need lower, upper, pr both front adjustable control arms.
I am going tp a 3 or 4" lift next yr so I want something adnustable for when I do.
Also they are telling me the C knuckle is bent allowing the tires to angle in at the top. Would Cgussets correct this or what dp I need to do?
Not made of money so a fix that easy on the wallet is preferable.
Thank you all in advance

●|||||||●

since you have such a small lift you will be fine without adjustable control arms right now. when i had my 2" bb it was only pucks and shocks. no need for control arms. the only way they could be worth it now, IMO, is if you know what kit your going to get next year and that kit doesnt come with control arms. then buying some now would be worth it.

C Gussets at this point will only keep your C's from getting worse so it maybe a good idea to get some installed anyway.

Jeep_Dawg08

I thought so about the Cgussets.
What do I do abiut my Caster fix then?
And whats this about cross caster and such. 1412620219871.jpg
This is the results of my alignment check.
I need help as to not make thungs worse and fix the flighty feeling, not to mention theres a slight vibration now.
Just had my gears upgrade from 3.73 to 4.88 as well.

●|||||||●

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone.
2.8 and 2.6°
Question I have is with just a 2" BB what would trow this this far off? And do I need lower, upper, pr both front adjustable control arms.

You just lifted your Jeep and so it's off now but really, it's only off by about a degree. A lot of people don't even notice it but, if you're feeling like your Jeep is flighty on the highway, adjustable front lower arms are a good solution to add back what you lost.

Getting upper arms are cheaper and will do the same thing but, they are harder to install. I personally would get a set of front lowers and would recommend something like a set of Currie arms. They may not be cheap but they are one of the best arms you can get. Full-Traction makes a good set of arms too.

No. Gussets will only help prevent MORE bending from occurring. At this point and time, I probably would play with what you have and just save your money until you can get a ProRock 44. The alternative is to have a set of adjustable ball joints installed so that you can correct your camber and then add gussets but really, it's a waste of money.

theres a slight vibration now. Just had my gears upgrade from 3.73 to 4.88 as well.

Is the vibration solid or does it oscillate? At what speed do you feel it and do you have an aftermarket front drive shaft?

jedg

I thought so about the Cgussets.
What do I do abiut my Caster fix then?
And whats this about cross caster and such. View attachment 103902
This is the results of my alignment check.
I need help as to not make thungs worse and fix the flighty feeling, not to mention theres a slight vibration now.
Just had my gears upgrade from 3.73 to 4.88 as well.

●|||||||●

hrm... just occurred to me, based on your attachment, both sides are out of camber... that suggests that you've either bent the 'C' on BOTH sides or that you have bent the axle tube making a 'smile'... I -think- that would cause both sides to be out of camber?? Maybe?

Flyer

On my last JK, I had this hack (well, he ended up being a hack...started off talking a great game) weld on c-gussets. He did such a horrible job (visually and functionally) that it cause a .6 caster difference and the JK always pulled to the right pretty hard. So be careful if you do any welding- use a proven/experienced welder who know how to pre-heat and cool metal down properly. The guys here have more experience about cutting Cs. I have only heard that you can cut and reposition them to fix problems that are created by bent or warped Cs. Have not done it myself. Anyway, I had a RK lift and used adjustable control arms but with your BB, you don't need adj control arms. If your problem is caused by bent knuckle, I think the fix would be to have a good shop/welder fix that but talk to a good 4x4 shop first.

Since my effed up Cs were causing the JK to pull so hard to the right, I threw in a Bilstein steering stabilizer. They (some of them anyway) have a reputation of pushing the steering to the left to I figured I'd give it a shot. It actually worked! I am not sure if this is your problem or if you just have flighty steering.

Jeep_Dawg08

I was thinking of getting the evo gussets to prevent anything more camber issues.
I have discos for the sway bar that were given to me. But they are for 3.5" and up.

●|||||||●

Top Bottom