Jeep J12 - Mopar Underground Jeep Truck Concept Photos

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At the recent 2012 Off Road Expo, Dynatrac had the awesome red Mopar Underground Jeep J12 concept truck on display at their booth and as you can imagine, this caused quite a bit of buzz!! Even though this was originally debuted at the 2012 Moab Easter Jeep Safari, there clearly have been a lot of folks who hadn't seen it before and so, I thought it would be nice to post up some high quality pics of it here. We hope you enjoy :)

Man, you've just gotta love the vintage styling on this beauty!!
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Unlike the JK8 and Nukizer, this awesome rig has more of a real truck bed!
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Love the retro interior with plaid upholstery and low back seats...
main.php

main.php

main.php

Not really a hubcap kind of guy but, these sure look cool on the old school steel wheels...
main.php

main.php

Hope you enjoyed the pics :cool:

JivinJeep

Thanks!

Thanks for posting up more pics! :2thumbsup: Answered a few detail questions that I'd had about the J12. I want to build something like it someday. I love the look of this rig-somehow reminds me of my grandpa :p

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
as much as i'd love to see a jeep truck being made, i've learned to not hold my breath. :grayno:

RockIt Man

I agree ^^^^

But that hasn't kept me from planning on paying off the JK as quick as possible.... You know, just in case =)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree ^^^^

But that hasn't kept me from planning on paying off the JK as quick as possible.... You know, just in case =)

:cheesy: oh yeah, i can guarantee you that a truck will be sitting in my garage if one were to ever come out. and, not that i don't like the JK8 but, i want a real truck :yup:

GCM 2

What impressed me most about this truck was its grill, it wasn't a cheap, thin plastic, snapped on cover like our JK's. It was actually rea, just like the Jeep trucks from the 60's thru 80's! It was made from stamped steel, the chrome was actually the real deal too, heavy metal plating. Very cool!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What impressed me most about this truck was its grill, it wasn't a cheap, thin plastic, snapped on cover like our JK's. It was actually rea, just like the Jeep trucks from the 60's thru 80's! It was made from stamped steel, the chrome was actually the real deal too, heavy metal plating. Very cool!

i'll tell you, the grill really got me thinking. i mean, being that it was stamped, there must have been some tooling made to stamp it. why go through all that trouble just for a one-off? however, after talking to some of the peeps i know at chrysler, i was lead to believe that maybe a JK front clip conversion kit was going to be made available but, you never know for sure with these guys.

GCM 2

i'll tell you, the grill really got me thinking. i mean, being that it was stamped, there must have been some tooling made to stamp it. why go through all that trouble just for a one-off? however, after talking to some of the peeps i know at chrysler, i was lead to believe that maybe a JK front clip conversion kit was going to be made available but, you never know for sure with these guys.

Like you, I would own that thing! Or even better we could just re-body Moby and EVOJEEP, keep all the good components down below, but have probably the sweetest looking offroad truck around.

The Mopar Underground guys at Chrysler are in the end always held to the bean counters bottom line figures. Doing a full steel front clip of that quality would never pass the smell test for the accountants. I'm sure if they went forward with it, the cost saving measures instituted would have the end product looking quite different from the J12 we see here.

But maybe with all my negativity, the will just prove me wrong!

JivinJeep

I'd buy that clip pretty well immediately...just so that when I finally own a JK I can slap it on. such a great design!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
At the recent 2012 Off Road Expo, Dynatrac had the awesome red Mopar Underground Jeep J12 concept truck on display at their booth and as you can imagine, this caused quite a bit of buzz!! Even though this was originally debuted at the 2012 Moab Easter Jeep Safari, there clearly have been a lot of folks who hadn't seen it before and so, I thought it would be nice to post up some high quality pics of it here. We hope you enjoy :)

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Not really a hubcap kind of guy but, these sure look cool on the old school steel wheels...
main.php

main.php

I searched for that one and couldn’t find it. In my opinion the cleanest gladiator front clip done on a new chassis.

Why can’t the JT ones look this good ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Brute

Hooked

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Man, the more I look at it, the more I look at it...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Other than the seats, it's great.

Those seats have got to go. I would not want to sit in them for more than a few minutes at a time.

Top Bottom