ECTO- JK Build Thread

RockIt Man

Hello all. I'd like to start my own build thread as many others already have. Please feel free to comment or add helpful suggestions on the build as I go along.

A little background...

This is my 4th Jeep vehicle and my 3rd Wrangler. I owned a TJ and a JK prior to this build. My JK was a 2012 Unlimited Sport which I decided to trade in for a Rubicon. I also own a 1997 Chevy Z71 which I just lifted 6" and added 37s on 20s. I live in central Texas and I enjoy hitting offroad parks and I've even taken a trip to the San Juan Mountains in Colorado.

I'm Very much looking forward to this build, and the places that it will take me

Cheers:thumb:

I have attached a copy of my planned build sheet

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 3.35.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 3.35.53 PM.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

RockIt Man

Specs:

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

She's basically "fully loaded" with every available option except for painted top and fenders

Bright White exterior
Black/Dark Saddle Interior
3.6L V6
Automatic Transmission
Leather seats
Navigation
Auto
Heated seats
Auto temperature control
4:10 gears
Max Tow Package
Dual Top
Alpine Stereo with subwoofer

Added Accessories:
Half Doors
Chrysler Maximum Care Lifetime Warranty

Attachments

• IMG_3010.jpg
    IMG_3010.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_3294.jpg
    IMG_3294.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_3315.jpg
    IMG_3315.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_3337.jpg
    IMG_3337.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 284

RockIt Man

First Question....

At this time, my extra $ is going towards finishing up my Z71 build...

Therefore I want to try some inexpensive upgrades to the JK

What do you guys think about chopped fenders and front bumper and removing the rear bumper, at stock height?

Any pics of this?

Thanks!

jktubby

What do you guys think about chopped fenders and front bumper and removing the rear bumper, at stock height?

Any pics of this?

Thanks!

Very curious on this too, i've been wanting to do it. However, i wasnt to sure how it looks with stock parts. Also nice looking jeep, hurry and finish up the z71 so we can see that jeep build.

RockIt Man

Very curious on this too, i've been wanting to do it. However, i wasnt to sure how it looks with stock parts. Also nice looking jeep, hurry and finish up the z71 so we can see that jeep build.

How bout you give it a try and let me see how it goes :crazyeyes:

I plan on at least removing the front air dam and rear bumper:yup:

jktubby

How bout you give it a try and let me see how it goes :crazyeyes:

I plan on at least removing the front air dam and rear bumper:yup:

i might was itching on doing the fenders anyways. I might do the front, because i already have a dent on one side of it and actually the rear too :wings:

MpulseJK

RockIt Man said:

Any pics of this?

Thanks!

Hmmmm......I'm thinking not. Just my opinion. Not stock anyways. Most people start to cut(or run flat fenders) to give a larger tire more room for flexing. I have never seen or heard of anyone cutting with stock tires. Rig looks good as is. I'd say wait until u at least move to 35s or higher. Ur not too far from San Antonio!

RockIt Man

just saw your build sheet. We have a high roller around here!! lol jk man cant wait to see how your jeep turns out when you start modding it.

No high rolling around here. That build sheet is intended to a "lifetime" build sheet.

But hopefully Ill get there sooner than later.:yup:

RockIt Man

Ok, Nevermind... Haha

Yah I def agree that it seems a bit outrageous, but believe it or not, I was able to save a lot of more money on the deal than I expected before I walked in the door, so that's why I decided to pop on the doors.

The money I saved in negotiatations I put towards the doors. I basically spent the $ I had already planned on but got the doors throw in with it.

If I had already bought the Jeep, I would most likely consider going with a much cheaper setup and saved $ for other upgrades... particularly those that start with the word EVO :yup:

Top Bottom