2011-2013 JK mirror recall

jedg

For those of us with 2011-2013 and heated power mirrors, we have a recall.

Vehicles Affected: More than 313,000 model-year 2011-13 Jeep WranglerSUVs manufactured between Feb. 16, 2010, and July 19, 2013
The Problem: Corrosion in the exterior heated power mirror electrical connector may result in an electrical short, increasing the risk of a fire.
The Fix: Chrysler will begin notifying owners on Dec. 5, and dealers will move the exterior power feed to a separate connector for free.
What Owners Should Do: Owners can call Chrysler at 800-853-1403, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov for more info.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2014/10/recall-alert-2011-2013-jeep-wrangler.html

I'm waiting for more detail on what the fix is... I will likely handle this on my own. I dread the idea of the dealer hacks touching my Jeep.

jedg

If it's a rubicon, I think it is. When you look at your mirror, there should be in imprint on it that shows a square with some squiggly lines coming up from the square. The heat should come on when you turn on your defrost.

I don't think mine are heated but I have the 2011 JKUR.

pastorwug

If it's a rubicon, I think it is. When you look at your mirror, there should be in imprint on it that shows a square with some squiggly lines coming up from the square. The heat should come on when you turn on your defrost.

Gotcha, I'll take a look.

jhires

First recall was for something that could cause my Jeep to burst into flames.
Now the second recall is for something that could cause my Jeep to burst into flames.

I'm beginning to see a trend here.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just got my first notification in the mail today regarding the recall. Unfortunately the repair parts are not available yet, so we'll have to wait for a second notification when parts become available.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I got my recall notification for the mirrors today as well.........headed to the dealer in the AM for unrelated maintenance so I'll see what they have to say about the fix to this problem.....when and how long will it take to solve this issue

~Woodrow~

bnatt78

I got my notice a day or two ago. I stopped by the dealer today to find out about the recall and they said that they have yet to get the part to fix the problem. That is what I was told.

Top Bottom