Page 151 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1610

Thread: Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Clyde View Post
    Damn this run caught my eye. That’s a full day! Couple of my favorites.
    My name is Tom and I live in the Denver area. Couldn’t help but notice this thread. I’m working until noon on Saturday, but I will keep an eye out on this thread in the future if it’s an open group!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Catch you in the future then. Always an open group.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimebones View Post
    Catch you in the future then. Always an open group.

Unfortunately have to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimebones View Post
    Shame. Next time then.
    Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ended out running spring creek around 1pm. Lot more snow than I thought. Winched up the hard left and winched a bit through the rock garden...some of the drifts on the longer switchbacks were almost too deep. Basically gunned it up the whole trail
    Saw some people at the gas station later that night who were going on a recovery mission near St. Mary’s. Be safe out there...

Ended out running spring creek around 1pm. Lot more snow than I thought. Winched up the hard left and winched a bit through the rock garden...some of the drifts on the longer switchbacks were almost too deep. Basically gunned it up the whole trail
    Saw some people at the gas station later that night who were going on a recovery mission near St. Mary’s. Be safe out there...

Sounds like you had your hands full. Wish I had pursued this further. Did you go up there solo? I should have gone with you.

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar

Wow good info! I didnt think there would be very much snow at all.

Yea I was deceived because the wall was completely dry, but after just a little elevation, the trail got deep quick. And yea I was solo...kind of a last minute after work decision haha

Yea I was deceived because the wall was completely dry, but after just a little elevation, the trail got deep quick. And yea I was solo...kind of a last minute after work decision haha

Ballsy move. Good to have a winch and to know how to use it. You got pretty far up there though.

Yea indeed. There was one point when I had exceeded the winch duty cycle and was waiting for it to cool down, and the snow was coming down pretty hard that I was considering other options if the winch were ever to fail. I’m gonna finally buy a hi lift jack just to have a manual ratcheting device. I was gonna buy a chain fall through work, but the hi lift is much cheaper. Just now finished pulling apart the winch housing and cleaning all electrical connections. I put a rust inhibitor spray over everything inside there...

Page 151 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast