Rear trac bar and PSC diff cover

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Need a little help here. I got a PSC bombshell rear diff cover for my 14 JKU and have a 2.5" BB lift with frame mounted trac bar relocation bracket. I'm seeing some tub on the diff cover from the trac bar and get a little squeaking when I go over med sized bumps in the road. A couple questions, 1. Is anyone else have this issue and how did they resolve? 2. Do I need to take this up with PSC? 3. Do I NEED an adjustable rear trac bar AND will that fix the problem? 4. If I do need the adj rear trac bar, do I keep the relocation bracket on it go back to the factory mount? 5. Do I need to take the jeep off the ground to change the trac bar or can it be done sitting on the ground?

Thanks so much for the help!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have heard of a few issues with this in the front but not the rear. maybe its because of the frame side relocation bracket? possibly an axle side relocation bracket and using the frame side stock bracket will fix it? idk im just spitballing here.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What piginajeep said. Install an axle side relocation bracket and the problem will go away.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys, appreciate the fast response. It's a Teraflex bracket, I'll get the axle one. When I do, I assume I reinstall the fame side to factory mount correct?

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
i have heard of a few issues with this in the front but not the rear. maybe its because of the frame side relocation bracket? possibly an axle side relocation bracket and using the frame side stock bracket will fix it? idk im just spitballing here.

Looks like the consensus, appreciate it!

Top Bottom