Need help! Manual trans security

I have a 2013 manual jeep with no alarm. I always have my jeep with no doors or roof on. Yesterday and one day last week I left my car at the local sonic(fastfood) and I left with a friend to run a quick errand. Some people who know me I think decided it's funny to put my jeep in neutral and move it around the parking lot by pushing it. I need help with idea of what to do.
Do I get a motion alarm?
Can I get some sort of wheel lock?
Is there some sort of lock that will keep it in gear?
I need a cheap fix please.
Thanks in advance

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I have a 2013 manual jeep with no alarm. I always have my jeep with no doors or roof on. Yesterday and one day last week I left my car at the local sonic(fastfood) and I left with a friend to run a quick errand. Some people who know me I think decided it's funny to put my jeep in neutral and move it around the parking lot by pushing it. I need help with idea of what to do.
Do I get a motion alarm?
Thanks in advance

Just lock the steering wheel. Or put it in 4wd they won't push it then

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
A steering wheel lock is what I suggest. It wont prevent them from popping it out of gear and pushing it back and forth but it will prevent them from turning it. They range from 20 -100 bucks online.

Loading please wait....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just lock the steering wheel. Or put it in 4wd they won't push it then

That would be a great idea but there is no more steering lock on 2011-up.

To the OP, locking your steering would be a good way to address this but, you would need something like a Club or other manual locking device.

TheDuff

The people that make the club also make a thing that locks the brake pedal or clutch. I would use it on the clutch personally :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Do I get a motion alarm?
Thanks in advance

Is this a recurring issue?or just friends being funny? If it's people you know just laugh it off and ignore it and they may just get tired of it

BCjku

Not necessarily cheap, but I have been looking at the viper car alarm system, after doing a stereo upgrade (which I keep meaning to post up). I like the idea of the motion sensor and my understanding is you can link it to your iPhone. You get a message if someone messes with your jeep. I don't know all the details yet. Still researching..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom