New A/T offering...

Jeeper4x4

Anyone out there able to order or see pricing on the new G2 or KO2 A/T tires in a 35? I'm getting very close to purchasing and would love to know the prices before I settle on some no name brand.

Discount Tire

Anyone out there able to order or see pricing on the new G2 or KO2 A/T tires in a 35? I'm getting very close to purchasing and would love to know the prices before I settle on some no name brand.

Thank you for the post, Jeeper4x4.

The 35x12.50R-17 (which I'm assuming is the size you're after ;)) KO2 will not be available until March of next year and the 35x12.50R-17 G2 is scheduled to come out sometime early next month. We should have pricing on the G2 within the next couple of weeks.

What tires are you running now and what are you looking for out of your next set?

Jeeper4x4

Thank you for the post, Jeeper4x4.

The 35x12.50R-17 (which I'm assuming is the size you're after ;)) KO2 will not be available until March of next year and the 35x12.50R-17 G2 is scheduled to come out sometime early next month. We should have pricing on the G2 within the next couple of weeks.

What tires are you running now and what are you looking for out of your next set?

I'm stock in my new 14' JKU, I have run GY MTR for the past 3 years on my 08'. Unfortunately I spend too much time on the concrete jungle for another hardcore MT. Thoughts?

Discount Tire

I'm stock in my new 14' JKU, I have run GY MTR for the past 3 years on my 08'. Unfortunately I spend too much time on the concrete jungle for another hardcore MT. Thoughts?

If your rig see's mainly street use with the occasional off-road trip thrown in the mix, an A/T tire is the way to go. We just need to figure out which A/T tire model best suites your needs.
How many miles are you driving an average per year? What type of terrain do you typically see when you are able to get off-road? Will the vehicle be driven in snow? What do you want your next set of tires to do for you?

Last edited:

Jeeper4x4

If your rig see's mainly street use with the occasional off-road trip thrown in the mix, an A/T tire is the way to go. We just need to figure out which A/T tire model best suites your needs.
How many miles are you driving an average per year? What type of terrain do you typically see when you are able to get off-road? Will the vehicle be driven in snow? What do you want your next set of tires to do for you?

12K miles per year, NO snow, I'm in Central TX so our ORV parks have sharp rocky ledges, limestone cliffs. Some mud when it rains but not much of that here either. Just a good all around DD A/T that is not loud as hell but aired down will work well off road, $$-$$$. Thanks!

Discount Tire

12K miles per year, NO snow, I'm in Central TX so our ORV parks have sharp rocky ledges, limestone cliffs. Some mud when it rains but not much of that here either. Just a good all around DD A/T that is not loud as hell but aired down will work well off road, $$-$$$. Thanks!

I suggest you take a close look at the Nitto EXO Grappler AWT. This model utilizes a durable 3 ply sidewall construction, rides smooth down the road without excessive road noise, and holds it's own off-road. Here's the link with more details.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...=branding_informational&utm_term=wayalife.com

Discount Tire

Which model 14 JKU do you have? You are looking for 35x12.50R-17 correct?

You can also give us a call at 1-800-459-4080. Our first available agent will be happy to go over the options for you.

Discount Tire

Yes 35x12.5R17 on stock wheels, 14' JKU Sport...

Have you considered wider wheels that have proper backspacing? The 35x12.50R-17 size is on the wide side for the factory 17x7.5 wheels. Most tire manufacturers recommend an 8.5" to 11" wide wheel for this size. Also, the factory wheels have too high an offset/backspace for this size tire so spacer will be needed (not recommended). Do any of these wheels interest you?

17x9 Wheel Options

If you want to be closer to the $275.00 range take a look at the 315/70R-17 (35x12.50R-17 equivalent) ProComp Extreme A/T. This model utilizes a 3 ply sidewall construction and has good on and off-road manners. It's also backed with a 50K mile treadlife warranty and is relatively light weigh at 66lbs per tire. Here's the link with more details.

315/70R-17 ProComp Extreme A/T

Last edited:
Top Bottom