NEW Switch Pros Switch Panel Debuting at the 2014 SEMA Show

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've seen the custom switch panel that we have in Moby and Rubicat and have wanted one, I'm happy to say that the company who made them for us, Off Road Engineering, has started a new company specifically for the off road market and will be debuting their 8-output solid state power module at the 2014 SEMA Show.

The switch panel consists of 8 user programmable switches in a small compact enclosure with user selectable switch legends and can be mounted under the hood with inputs for ignition and light sense, (to dim the backlighting). The best part is that it can also be controlled and programmed through either the panel or an Android smart phone (Apple iPhone soon). Programmable switch functions are on/off or momentary, ignition or Batt. control, flash and strobe functions, low voltage disconnect and switch memory. Here is a press release for it.

switch-pros-01.jpg

RamP

Awesome. I've been holding out installing other switch panels for something just like this.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Nice. Does the Bluetooth connectivity also give you the ability to trigger a switch?

Edit. It looks like it does. So you can use your smart phone as a cordless remote for your winch outside of the vehicle if necessary. Very cool!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. Does the Bluetooth connectivity also give you the ability to trigger a switch?

Edit. It looks like it does. So you can use your smart phone as a cordless remote for your winch outside of the vehicle if necessary. Very cool!

That's a good question and one that I'll have to get an answer for. Would be cool if you could use your phone as a remote as well :yup:

SDG

Caught the Bug
I would think the Bluetooth is used to program what switch does what... but could prob be used for both depending on how they programmed their controller.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I like it! Can you change what the switches say after you buy it or are you stuck with it? Sometimes I change things.

pvanweelden

Any idea yet what the per channel Amp rating will be? The old one was only 15 amps, I would prefer to have the same as a relay- 30 amps. A 50" led light bar requires 25 amps

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

CerOf

Any idea yet what the per channel Amp rating will be? The old one was only 15 amps, I would prefer to have the same as a relay- 30 amps. A 50" led light bar requires 25 amps

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

It says it is 100amp power module.

Seems like it would be 12.5a per switch? 8switches x 12.5?
Or any combination not to exceed 100amps?
Just thinking/guessing out loud.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

dannymalkin

This is actually a really great idea, hopefully has a good price point as well. I like the adjustablity and it seems pretty cool. I'd definitely be in the market for one 👍

BlackKnight

Looks awesome. Was thinking originally about an sPod till I found out about the owner here, then considered making my own, but I'd be worried I'd screw it up. This may work out for me really well...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is nice. Is that the way your switch panel is? It was always hard to tell from the pictures.

Min is changeable as well and I have changed mine a couple of times over the years but, this new setup is much nicer and I like the icons as opposed to just type like I have now.

Any idea as to cost? It looks great and I am interested.

No mention of cost was given to me yet, just a press release. What I can tell you is that what I have now was custom made and only cost me $350 a few years back but, that was an Expo special. If these are now being manufactured as a product, I would imagine that they would cost about the same - certainly not more.

I'll get all the details at SEMA

jeff_in_rc

No mention of cost was given to me yet, just a press release. What I can tell you is that what I have now was custom made and only cost me $350 a few years back but, that was an Expo special. If these are now being manufactured as a product, I would imagine that they would cost about the same - certainly not more.

I'll get all the details at SEMA

Thanks Eddie, wish I could make SEMA but it's too close to my daughters wedding so I'm on a short leash! LOL

Tree Frog

So if this is capable of switching say 12.5 amps then there is no reason you could not use it as the trigger to pull in a relay wired up for whatever amperage you load requires. (right?) :idontknow:

Very cool find. I am starting to get to the point I need one. I really don't like the redneck wiring that is starting to creep into my Jeep.

Awaiting their website to come up.

Top Bottom