Seat Covers

Firewrangler

Have a friend who is wanting to buy seat covers for her hubby's JKU. Told her I'd ask y'all what everyone is running or might recommend. Hell, I need some myself, so y'all's input is appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a big fan of seat covers but I do know a lot of people here like the ones made by Trek Armor. Certainly, they are a lot better than the neoprene junk.

Trek Armor are definitely the best, but please verify that the Jeep does not have side airbags. Trek Armor's are not compatible with those yet.

spicoli

I'm not a big fan of seat covers but I do know a lot of people here like the ones made by Trek Armor. Certainly, they are a lot better than the neoprene junk.

I agree with Eddie. The only covers I would run are the Trek Armor covers.

Curious to know why you guys don't like seat covers. I've never run them before, but thinking it was a good idea considering how much I will have the top down, my dogs and in the next couple years children. Seems like they make it easy to clean off the seats (pull off and wash them down). I have sat in a set of Trek Armor seat covers and thought they were nice and I didn't get hot (granted only sat in them for 10min). I was planning on getting Trek Armor seat covers for my new jeep I have on order. Not trying to thread steal.

stweasel

For me the Neoprene is hot, sweaty and doesn't breathe well, and here in Nevada you might get yourself a nice butt sweat marks in the summer

aWfHftZ.jpg

sjd78

I have Trek Armor seat covers and couldn't be happier with them! Are they pricey...yes, however the fit is so superb that most people won't even realize they are covers.

Flat Top

Not trying to hi-jack, are you looking for permanent covers or temp slip-ons?

I am looking for covers that I can easily slip-on for protection when wheeling or running topless. I have leather that I love for DD but need some easily removable.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Curious to know why you guys don't like seat covers. I've never run them before, but thinking it was a good idea considering how much I will have the top down, my dogs and in the next couple years children. Seems like they make it easy to clean off the seats (pull off and wash them down). I have sat in a set of Trek Armor seat covers and thought they were nice and I didn't get hot (granted only sat in them for 10min). I was planning on getting Trek Armor seat covers for my new jeep I have on order. Not trying to thread steal.

Oh, I should have been more clear. I actually do like seat covers and intend to run Trek Armor's on my next Jeep. I just don't like neoprene covers.

Not trying to hi-jack, are you looking for permanent covers or temp slip-ons?

I am looking for covers that I can easily slip-on for protection when wheeling or running topless. I have leather that I love for DD but need some easily removable.

This is what I want as well and what brought me to this thread :yup: I have the side air bags, and heated seats (don't want more fabric between me and the heat). I just want something light like a t-shirt material that I can slide over the seats for trail time, then take off and throw in the washer when I get home. :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
This is what I want as well and what brought me to this thread :yup: I have the side air bags, and heated seats (don't want more fabric between me and the heat). I just want something light like a t-shirt material that I can slide over the seats for trail time, then take off and throw in the washer when I get home. :thumb:

Something like this would be great. Haven't seen anything similar. There are the less expensive covers from say Pep Boys or the like. Not sure on washability and obviously not custom fitted for our front/rear seats.

Don't they have a towel material cover that lays on top?

Yep, and I have tried them but they are more of a PITA than help. They never stay in place and bunch badly.

Edit to add, I would like something that was at least a little fitted. Not so good that it was difficult to get on/off, but good enough to stay in place for a day.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yep, and I have tried them but they are more of a PITA than help. They never stay in place and bunch badly.

Hmm, never tried one. I have cloth on my '12 and can see some wear from getting in and out. Plus my kids don't help much. I like trek armor, but the price has kept me away. Someday I guess..

Hmm, never tried one. I have cloth on my '12 and can see some wear from getting in and out. Plus my kids don't help much. I like trek armor, but the price has kept me away. Someday I guess..

Agreed,

My wife made a cover for my rear seat, but she lost ambition when it came to the front... so I still try the towels :grayno: You can kinda see them here:

P1010240.JPG

Top Bottom